Originally Posted by FrankValenti
Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
Italians didn't just get profiled, the police cracked their heads when they brought them in, and the italians never cried about police brutality, they took their punishment like men...That's what makes Italians stand up people compared to these others !!

You act like the same exact thing didn't happen to other ethnicities during that period. Some of them were murdered in cold blood by the police or rogue mobs and didn't cry police brutality. That's just the way society operated. You must think the Irish were slaves too, huh? LOL.

There is a theory that Irish were slaves. I'm not sure if it was debunked or not. I think it was.

If someone has a genuine source that Irish policemen routinely targeted and discriminated Italian people (and not just hoods) I'd like to see it.

There were still "No Dogs, No Blacks, No Irish" signs in England in the 70's. There are STILL "No Irish Need Apply" signs in Australia. I don't want to get into a dick measuring contest about which ethnicity had it worst after black people and Mexican people, but Irish had it pretty bad. There were still riots against Irish people being introduced into neighborhoods well into the 20th century. Look at the outrage about "the papist presidency" when Kennedy got elected.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.