Originally Posted by doggystyle
Im just talking fantasies now, but im curious what you guys think..If Ndrangheta would be like some kind of terrorist group like the ones you see in the Mission Impossible , Bond movies. Would they be more powerful and dangerous than say ISIS or Al Qaeda? I read somewhere ISIS budget was like 2 or 3 billion dollars a year and Ndranghetas is 50-70b..

Sorry if im fucking this thread up with these kind of questions,,, this thought just came to my mind and i wanted to ask you guys what you think.

Theoretically speaking yes , though as far as practicality is concerned the answer is probably no . After all the power base of ISIS is in undeveloped countries , which makes the task of being a financially successful terrorist group all the more easier . I think it's safe to say that a highly active terrorist group couldn't maintain the revenue flow of the Ndrangheta if they were based in a developed country , since the authorities of advanced countries are all the more proactive with respect to terrorism .

That said it's curious to note that the Ndrangheta is so successful in spite of its business dealing with Islamic terrorists . One would think that the authorities would wage a very furious campaign against organized crime groups that do business with terrorists , however it seems the Ndrangheta has ( so far ) escaped an effort of that sort .