Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa

Nope. Fino doesn't believe the family is active either. The 2017 article that I linked previously has Fino saying the family is not active.

But, you know what, you make a good point. Fino, in 2017, said the family is not active, and I have cited this previously. But in 2012 he was saying they do exist and operate more clandestinely. And when he first flipped, he was outed as a bullshitter when he jumped on the OJ Simpson bandwagon and tried to make up some stories about him.

Fino is not really in a position to know any "street knowledge" regarding the Buffalo mob from 1990-onwards, when he publicly flipped.

But, if we are putting him down as a reliable source, then we can comfortably say that, as of 2017, he does not believe the family is active and seems to have changed his mind from 2012-2017.

Oh I get it. I know that article quotes Fino saying that. However, that is just a real big change of mind in a couple of years. So big you’d think Herbeck would have acknowledged Fino’s change of mind and highlighted the reasons. Don’t you think that would have really made the case for his March 2017 article? I think many of his readers in Buffalo would have liked the information, because Fino was so adamant the family was clandestinely active.