Originally Posted by NickleCity

It appears the context of revived Cosa Nostra is the revived Buffalo Family, but could be LCN in general. At any rate it he is talking about then having a loose structure and sharing accross organizational lines. This sounds a lot like the N’Drangheta in Canada. Don’t know a ton about the Calibrians organizational structure, but this seems like the Calibrian clans in GTA.

Also, I would like to point out something.
Most sources contend that in the mid-2000s, the Buffalo Mafia went the way of the dodo. With their core rackets gone, it took the "organized" out of their organized crime. Of course, a handful of Buffalo members and possibly many more associates would have survived the FBI onslaught. Some would probably expand their rackets in the vacuums created.
But most of all, the Canadian Mafia was still alive and well. The Ndrangheta organizations have continued to be active in organized crime and, with their extensive ties to Buffalo, nobody should dispute that it's possible, and likely, that they moved into Buffalo. As long as there is money to be made illegally in the city of Buffalo, somebody will always fill that niche. My argument, the FBI's argument, most crime journalists' arguments, is that the Buffalo crime family, or the Todaro crime family, is not the entity filling that niche.
But it would be silly to assume that members of the Buffalo mob, such as Nicoletti and Bifulco, would start flipping burgers. When contending that a family is extinct, some posters mistakenly assume that I am saying every member went legit. And if Nicoletti and Bifulco had extensive ties to the still-very-active Canadian crime groups, it only makes sense that they would use their connections in Buffalo to make money between the two groups. Perhaps Nicoletti and Bifulco had underlings that could assist with drug trafficking, since Buffalo has always been a conduit. Especially today with this fentanyl epidemic. Perhaps Nicoletti and Bifulco had contacts that could help the Canadian crime groups in blue collar organized crime, or vice versa. Maybe Nicoletti and Bifulco, even though their construction/union strength was severed, could call on the powerful Canadians and utilize whatever loose connections the Todaro crime family was able to maintain.

All of these are speculative, possible scenarios, and these are scenarios that I'm open to. But my argument is that the Todaro crime family, as an entity, as a Mafia crime group, is no longer active. Is there 'Mafia' in Buffalo? Yes. The Luccheses had a high-ranking associate operating there. The Canadian crime groups have continued to be linked to Buffalo to this day. But other than a vague, open-to-interpretation comment from a Canadian book, there simply isn't any viable evidence that the Buffalo crime family is a viable entity, and there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.