Hi all,

Long time since I've posted but this is something I've been thinking about it for a while. Why was Tony so hesitant to get rid of Ralphie and Vito? While earlier in the series he was so decisive to get rid of people like Richie Aprile and Feech La Manna?

I mean Ralphie throughout the seasons kept doing progressively worse things from almost causing a war with Johnny Sack, pissing off Paulie/Silvo, to beating a young stripper to death. Not to mention his generally reckless and questionable behavior even by mob standards (i.e. getting pegged by Janice). I could have seen him doing a Big Pussy if ensnared in a trap by law enforcement.

While Vito's homosexuality as dictated by mafia rules was to be punished by death. Even despite this (and the harsh criticism from Paulie, Carlo, Silvio etc), threats from Phil etc. he seriously considered keeping him around.

I'm assuming he entertained these instances because Ralphie and Vito were both "good earners?" Or was it because of Richie and Feech posed a direct threat to Tony's leadership?

Last edited by MrWilliams; 06/19/18 11:12 AM.