Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
NickyfromTampa I think that was left of buffalo family adopted a structure more similar to rizzuto family that a traditional LCN structure with a regime in canada and a regime in the US using the border to smuggle drugs. But its just my opinion.
On the families come backs: Cleveland was done after Lonardo and Zagaria flipped in the 80s and I doubt that the gambinos would let the trafficantes to turn an indipendent family.

I believe they adopted a structure more similar to the Luppino family rather than Rizzuto. The Luppino family have been associates of the Buffalo family for decades and they are more low key compared to other organized crime figures.. It is a theory, but could it be that the decline of Buffalo organized crime over the years have given the Luppino's (Ndrangheta) a more important role into the Buffalo organized crime affairs. This would explain maybe why law enforcement believed it was dead.
Buffalo's Canadian counter parts which had remained unscathed,was a life line for what remained of the Buffalo organization.