I don't know how wide a scope or how far back we're going here but to name a few: James Brown, Ray Charles, Chuck Berry, Nat King Cole, Bo Diddley, not to mention Prince, Whitney Houston. Tho I'm not an expert on what to look for as far as musician's know-how playing an instrument. My judging goes by "if it's awesome, it's awesome." lol I agree with Turnbull on Jimi Hendrix. His guitar skills were unbelievable and he made it seem so easy. smile

I would kick myself it I didn't also include the entire Motown sound which introduced so many great black artists. Being originally from Michigan I take pride in the great music that came out of Detroit. Talk about Black female groups (Supremes, Martha and the Vandellas, The Marvelettes to name a few) were so good! Then of course there's Smokey, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Gladys Knight, and two of my personal favorite Motown groups: The Four Tops and The Temptations. I KNOW there are so many I'm missing but we certainly cannot deny the many GREAT talents that come from the Black community. Makes me wanna go to my pandora and click on "Motown." wink

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon