Originally Posted by GerryLang
He lived a lot longer than a lot of people around here claimed he would. I would if the Luchese's came out in force for the wake and funeral, or was he persona non grata?

Why would he be persona non grata? All 5 families should have came out in full force. He was consigliere to the legendary Tony Ducks. He was convicted in the commission case and got 100 years. He kept his mouth shut and was able to get parole as one of the last ever federal parolees and got out at age 90 after doing 28 years. Christy Tick is a legend. Not only that but Vic Amuso wouldn't be the the Don of the Luccheses if it wasn't for Christy Tick/Gaspipe.

I wonder what Christy Tick or hell even Tony Ducks since he lived until 2000 thought about Vic Amuso and Gaspipes reign. They probably cursed it til their dying day. Tony Ducks was such an old school Cosa Nostra adherent that he actually abdicated for the good of the family. He is the complete polar opposite of Carmine Persico. I always would ponder one of the mafias biggest what ifs...

A don is boss for life until he dies or steps down. Even if imprisoned he still retains godfather status. What if Tony Ducks DOESNT abdicate?! What if a ruling panel including 2 old timers and only one of Gas or Vic is made up...it could literally have changed Cosa Nostra forever. Gas and Vic's reign was horrible for the borgata. Tony Ducks should have never abdicated and should have guided them from the can. If Junior can do it then Tony Ducks could do it even better. He lived nearly 13 years in prison after conviction. He would have still led the Luccheses through the entirety of the 80s and 90's. if he stays on as boss there is a chance the Luccheses are in the top 2 for most powerful instead of firmly stuck in 3rd. If Tony Ducks stays on then there is no gaspipe the underboss ever gets a chance to turn Rat.