Originally Posted by CabriniGreen
Also, in one of those Massino books, Attanasio set up Bonaventre, and he sent word through, Vitale? I forget, but he sent word to Massino to ” go ahead and make me capo, before the crew kills me.." Or something like that. So I think he definitely was capo of the Bonaventre crew, which was Brooklyn....

Yep. Attanasio's always been Brooklyn based. As has his brother, Big Bobby, his friend and successor Peter Rabbit Calabrese.
Calabrese and Attanasio were not only partners in the Bonventre hit, when Louie Attanasio was indicted in 1988, Calabrese became an acting capo. It would be a huge coincidence if Attanasio was a Bronx capo and Calabrese, a Brooklyn guy and a close Attanasio associate, became an acting capo of a Brooklyn crew....
Also, Peter Calabrese's son Anthony is a prominent Bensonhurst soldier under Vinny TV. He served as the crew's acting capo for a time.
If you need even more proof, Vincent 'Elmo' Amarante is a prominent Brooklyn soldier, drug dealer, and ran bookmaking in Fort Greene, Red Hook, Coney Island, and East New York. By all accounts, a BROOKLYN soldier. A 1989 FBI report described Amarante as Louis Attanasio's "right hand man," and when Amarante later moved to Chicago and was arrested for running prostitution, George Quinlin of the New York State Organized Crime Task Force confirmed that he worked for Attanasio.

So, if Giacomo is to be believed, what we have here is a Bronx capo, who has never been linked to any Bronx activities. A person who, for some reason, really pushed to have a BROOKLYN capo (Cesare Bonventre) killed and, once he killed him, inexplicably became capo of a Bronx crew (according to Giacomo). He committed the hit with Brooklyn soldiers.
Apparently, he's also a Bronx capo who:
1. Ran loansharking with Brooklyn wiseguy Peter Calabrese, who would later take over Attanasio's crew.
2. Was heavily involved in a Brooklyn numbers racket with a whole lot of Brooklyn wiseguys.
3. Had a Brooklyn-based right-hand-man.
4. Was heavily involved in Brooklyn real estate and arrested for dodging taxes on those properties.
5. Was arrested in Brooklyn for loansharking in 1996
6. Was close to James 'Big Louie' Tartaglione, a Brooklyn capo.
7. Has never been linked in any substantive capacity with any Bronx wiseguys.