Originally Posted by Ciment

I do care about police brutality. Any police officer abusing their power should be charged to the fullest extend of the law no matter if your black, white, brown or yellow.
I just do not buy in fake news media and alleged victims that want to cry police brutality every five minutes.

I agree, any officer abusing their power should be prosecuted and there are some wanna-be victims who claimed they were assaulted by officers, only to have their body camera footage show otherwise. Typical victimhood mentality, always crying wolf. However, they have been plenty of times were victims stated the police abused them and the footage showed that too. Just another reason I'm in favor of all officers being required to have body cameras as it'll protect both the police and citizens (well, hopefully anyway).

Originally Posted by Ciment
I think it is over blown and has become political. Fake news media is just pandering to the leftist liberals. In this day and age it has become increasingly more and more difficult for police officers to abuse their powers due to media coverage, civil rights investigation,technology such as body cameras and witnesses with cell phones. Actually, I would be in favor for more cameras on street corners and buildings similar to that of the British.

While this may be true that it is harder for police officers to hide their abuse of power, how many officers actually get convicted? How many even have charges brought against them? Again, I agree with you in that all officers who abuse their power should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law; however, the system is setup to protect the police IMO. Too many times has evidence come out and the officers got off. You can go all the way back to Rodney King and not much has changed since then. And in terms of more cameras on the streets, I am not in favor of that. Big Brother will exploit that and after what came out after Edward Snowden left the CIA, the spying going on by our government, the last thing they need is more surveillance.