Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Pogo the Clown from Black Hand compiled that information, by the way, in case anyone was wondering.

Nicky I put the blackhand forum link and never said that I made the list.

Just clarifying.

By the way, I should have mentioned earlier that media has speculated that Teddy Persico Jr. was primed to take over the family until his 2011 arrest. He was also on a ruling panel to assist Ralph DeLeo. We all know he wouldn't be opposed to it. Ultraviolent, ultra-dedicated capo whose life is nothing apart from the Mafia.
When he gets out in 2020, no doubt he'll pick up right where he left off. He's what Skinny Ted said to Steven Marcus in the 2000s:
"You're not me," said Teddy Persico, in what could be the understatement of the decade. "You're a guy who wants to work and make a living, I think. I got nothing. They can't fuck with me because I got nothing to lose and they got everything to lose. You can't fuck with them because you've got everything to lose and nothing to gain by getting physical. I can get physical all day long."
"I got nothing to lose. I can get crazy. I don't give a fuck; what are you going to do, put me in jail? What am I going to lose? My wife, my kids, my house that I own, my $2 million house that I own, my car? I don't own nothing. I got no wife, I got no kids. I can act like a fool. I'm telling you what I can do, I know you can't do that, I know you don't want to do that."

So if you're looking for the future of the Colombos, it seems Teddy Jr. ticks all of the boxes:
1. He's a PERSICO, so he's already got huge backing in the family.
2. He's not hesitant to commit violence and whack guys
3. He's not stupid, and was behind some pretty sophisticated crimes.
4. Low risk of flipping (nothing to lose)
5. Big crew beneath him.