The union had better take this on in the next round of negotiations. I'm not sure about the current president, DeMaurice Smith. He said last time that he wouldn't give up a dime until the owners opened their books. They never did, yet he still gave concessions. Today's NFL players are not well enough informed on the importance of union solidarity. I hold retired players responsible for not doing more to educate them. I know they have enough on their plate too, between head trauma and not being compensated for their likenesses being used in video games, etc. I just hope retirees and current players aren't at odds with each other. These owners have enough money to go around for everyone. Former and current players have to stick together, not treat it like a zero sum game. Keep their eyes on the over-compensated owners who took the lion's share of what they gave their knees and brains for.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea