Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by BlackFamily
@2A,

They would connect with Nigerian Syndicates for the heroin and Carribean, South American , or Black traffickers down south for the cocaine.

Yeah I just read some ( admittedly dated ) information about Nigerian traffickers operating in Chicago from the DEA , not to mention that Chicago has a lot of ( if not the largest amount ) of fairly sophisticated/well connected street gangs , so using it as an example wasn't the best .

That said I bet there are many second and third tier cities in the US where the Mexican cartels are the only game in town , so I think my point stands in that case .

The Mexican Cartels won't ever be the only game in town since they rely on local networks to distribute the drugs. Some Wholesale level and majority of Mid-level & Retail level trafficking are domimated by American crime groups period. Cartels just supplying the wholesale drug trade and that's their main influence.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb