Originally Posted by cookcounty
@ciment

Black lives matter aint about the police shooting blacks

Its about the police shooting UNARMED blacks

You're whining about them using their 1st amendment right

I hear what you're saying Cook, and on one hand I agree with you, but there was a heavily publicised case not too long ago where a white cop, who clearly didn't have the mental stability to be working in that line of profession, shot an unarmed white man in a hotel, who posed no immediate threat to him.

In another incident, a black cop, Quincy Smith, was shot after trying to apprehend another black male who was acting irrationally, and suspiciously, and not following the cops orders. This cop threatened to tase the individual several times in, but this individual would not listen, turn around, and show his hands.

I couldn't help but think that cop was putting his own life in danger when I watched that video; it was obvious, to me, what the outcome was going to be.

So, in case a: white person gets shot by trigger happy white cop; in case b: cop almost dies because he didn't assess the threat sooner.

Would Cop B have been criticised if a) he took the required action sooner, instead of letting the deranged individual dictate proceedings, and b) if he was white?

I'd love to see the statistics on white on white shootings in the police force. Don't get me wrong, it won't show that anywhere close to more white people get shot in questionable circumstances. I simply want to see if the police procedure is markedly more different, more patient, with a white target.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.