Originally Posted by OakAsFan
And, honestly, "soldiers die to protect the flag" is a fairy tale we should probably do away with, too. Maybe they did hundreds of years ago.

Soldiers today have no clue what they're fighting for. If you follow the money trail, however, it would appear they're fighting for oil companies.

Something guys like Michael Moore don't seem to understand is that the very people who've had values such as respecting the flag, and respecting their country, instilled in them at a young age are the very ones to want to serve their country; they aren't coerced into doing it, it's a career path they have chosen.

And it's rich for guys like Moore, and Springsteen, and people of their ilk, to contribute to this subject because they invent psychiatric illnesses to get out of serving their country. So pipe down.

Most soldiers I've encountered are capable of free thought and are mentally strong enough to think things through and not do something under duress.

They aren't mind-controlled robots.

I've never understood, either, people who threaten to leave the country/become a Canadian citizen etc. if someone they don't like is elected President.

How fucking childish and petty can you get?

Look at liberal media personalities, the way they portray "hicks" from the heartland of America, the very people who tend to join armed forces, and it's clear to see there is a huge disconnect there. Which makes it all the more hypocritical when they act like their empty vessels who don't know what they're fighting for; undermining everything they represent and hold dear.

If you don't like America, piss off to Nigeria or Romania or somewhere.

It's a great country. With a lot of dickheads. But there are dickheads everywhere.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.