Originally Posted by BlackFamily
Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by BlackFamily
Originally Posted by 2a

As far as on a nationwide level , I'd say the Sinaloa and Jalisco New Generation Cartels . After all they operate in various parts of the country as opposed to select areas , control a very large chunk of the drug market , and have great influence over the actions of other criminal organizations .

What influence do they have over other crime groups in the US?

I might be wrong here , but I imagine there are a few American criminal organizations that source their drugs directly from the Sinaloa and JNGC cartels , which obviously results in them having a lot of power in terms of being said organizations suppliers .

There must even be more American criminal organizations who buy their drugs from suppliers who buy from said cartels , which results in said suppliers ( whether they be independent dealers or gangsters ) wielding a lot of power .

In short a lot of American criminal organizations depend ( either directly or indirectly ) on the cartels for their supply of drugs and very few ( if any ) of said organizations mess with the cartels or their close associates , since doing so would be tantamount to killing the golden goose .

I don't think this has ever occurred , but to use a salient example , the Sinaloa cartel could end a conflict between US gangs by threatening to cut off their supply of drugs . Few ( if any ) other criminal organizations that operate in the US have that kind of behind the scenes power .

American crime groups that's heavily involved in drug trafficking do maintain business with the Mexican Cartels yet outside of constintence drug supply the Mexican Cartels have little say in the everyday actions/activities of those crime groups. There are cases of American crime groups ripping off cartel middlemen and others have drug suppliers from Columbia, Peru, Carribean, West Africa, Europe, and Asia. Cutting off supply line will be cutting off a prominent income and wouldn't stop any ongoing conflicts between rival American crime groups. They just go to a different drug source or fight over the next biggest racket.

I'll concede that you much more than me about organized crime BF , so I won't try to argue , however for the sake of furthering the discussion I'd like to jot down the following scenario :

Say there's a garden variety street gang in Chicago that's heavily into heroin and cocaine trafficking . Said gang wants to find a non Mexican cartel connected supplier for whatever reason . How does said gang go about finding said supplier ?

I mean most of the wholesale heroin and cocaine market in the US is supposed to be in the hands of various Mexican cartels ( most notably the Sinaloa and JNGC ) as per the DEA and this information is supposed to especially apply outside of the Northeast . In other words it would ( seemingly at least ) be very hard for such a low level Chicago street gang to find a non Mexican cartel source .

After all it's not like the present day Outfit is heavily into wholesale heroin/cocaine trafficking and unless said street gang were to have connections to the Outfit , then establishing a fruitful business relationship would be hard ( if not next to impossible ) .