In the scene where la Eme and the black prisoners are about to fight in prison, look for the fat Latino guy all the way to the right, on the black side. I went to high school with him. He's wearing loc sunglasses with his hat bill flipped up, and a red bandanna over his forehead. I don't know why they had him marching with the black guys, but they did. Another guy I went to high school with was all the way in the back of the La Eme side, same scene, but he's out of camera view. Both these guys were Nortenos. Weird. Don't know how they got hooked up with Olmos or whoever, or why they were playing black or Sureno gangsters, respectively, but it was them. Guess they had a chance to be in the movie and jumped at it.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea