Originally Posted by Ciment
Originally Posted by BlackFamily
[quote= under the microscope

Yea that was my point though. It’s become political. Each side has an agenda. But I know politics and I know gangs.

As for these more brutal crimes committed and wether the gang as a whole condones it, it’s hard to say unless we did a real poll nation wide on the members. Generally I see east coast chapters of west coast gangs as wannabes that have a whole other way of gang banging. If MS 13 members murdered little girls in LA or California they would be stabbed inside La county jail right away or forced to PC. That’s a big no no here, but MS 13 on the east coast is something else it sounds like.

One article says they’re in an alliance with the Mexican Mafia, but the general public probably thinks it’s an alliance like they’re equals when reading it. When in reality MS 13 has to pay Mexican Mafia so they don’t get stabbed in jail.

Precisely SoCalGangs and unlike everyone else you been in their neighborhood where they got started. I met one from Houston area, regular tejano not some remorseless killer. Again individuals and individual cliques do ruthless acts but as whole just a regular American street gang.

During my life time I have lived in areas where there were bikers,mobsters and street gangs. Had them as neighbors. They kill, for the most part people that they do business with. Unlike MS-13 that prey on underage kids and mutilate bodies with machete.

It is mind blowing to me that people choose to dismiss the brutality of this gang and some go as far as humanizing them; unless there is some hidden agenda. The same people that close theirs eyes on Chicago homicides and shootings are trying to tell us that these brutal and senseless killings committed by MS-13 is just a new normative and that they are a gang like all the others and not to worry. That is your point right ?
[/quote]

My point is that the attention itself is more overblown than necessary. I'm not dismissing the cruel actions and yet it's not anything that haven't been seen or heard. Vast majority of violence committed by MS-13 is targeted toward their rivals, informants, and criminal activities like every other crime group. Their membership is based in predominantly hispanic communities and the portion of their membership that's active is unknown. Ever since the El Savaldor factions rose to prominence and activities, the American factions have received the same spotlight moreso for criminal networks than killing a bus full of women and children. The American factions are in select cities and even in those cities most citizens lives are not in extraordinary peril. Again it's the hype that people follow without batting an eye.
Chicago is off subject since it's one of many cities without a MS-13 clique.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb