Originally Posted by cookcounty
@irishman

the government is responsible for the heroin epidemic

They want drugs in the country because it makes money

an AR15 not being used yesterday doesnt mean shit

Assault weapons should not be sold to citizens

And what I was providing an example about is you seem to think the government is selling drugs (which, I'm not against that idea either). And if the second amendment is done away with, why would you think the government wouldn't do exactly what they're doing with drugs (i.e., selling/distribution and making money off of it), with guns (i.e., selling/distributing them to criminals)? It seems like you and OakAsFan actually believe that the government wouldn't do this with weapons like they're doing it with drugs?

And an AR-15 not being used on Friday does matter. I understand OakAsFan and maybe even yourself to an extent want the second amendment done away with, but you won't come right out and say it. At first OakAsFan said just AR-15's should be banned, to which I replied that it won't stop with them. I even provided the example of what would happen if a shotgun or a pistol were used in a shooting, to which he replied, "we'll discuss that when they do." Well, they both were used on Friday so I'm trying to see what OakAsFan and your opinion is now that the precious AR-15 wasn't used. As I've said all along, the weapon is not the problem but rather the shooter. The left, in their anti-gun agenda, would rather blame the weapon which is not at fault but rather the person wielding it. You both seem to be dancing around the obvious which is you both want any and all guns banned. I'd respect you more if you just came out and said it rather than these semantics.