Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Just walking down the street, minding my own business. Perhaps doing a little sightseeing. And as you said in your own words, the pursuit itself is denied if one (in this case, me) is constantly intimidated by those who might mug/rob/assault me.

The scenario I presented was people walking around with assault rifles. You're talking about being afraid of people that are presumably unarmed, which is paranoia.

No, what I was talking about was people who are armed. And it's not paranoia, it's a fact. There's certain streets/neighborhoods that you don't go into (especially at night). You can't split hairs here.

. And you can say that it was my choice to go to college and get these student loans and I'd say you're absolutely correct. However, in this country, those who have college degrees usually go further in terms of salary and jobs.

Not bad for "slaves".

Still just crumbs from the table in the big picture. The system is designed that way. To get ahead in this world, you need to go to college and get a degree. To be able to afford going to college, you need to take out these student loans that you'll be paying back for the next 20+ years of your life. Debt is a form of slavery.