Originally Posted by OakAsFan
The NRA's certainly culpable. Along with right wing media such as political radio and FoxNews, the NRA helps spread hysterical theories that many mass shooters are influenced by.

So the NRA and right wing media are responsible for Parkland? Wow, I don't know what you're drinking or smoking but put it down please if you honestly believe that! In that case, have you seen Elvis or Bigfoot lately? Again, please provide an example of just exactly how the NRA is "culpable"?

Originally Posted by cookcounty
Originally Posted by Irishman12
Originally Posted by cookcounty
@Belmont

The country doesnt give a fuck about blacks killing each other

The NRA is to blame for mass shootings of white people

NRA doesnt want any gun reform even if it saves whites lives

@irishman

The media isn't to blame for trump supporters acting ignorant

Trump is ignorant and his minions are following his lead

I always love this argument. So how exactly is the NRA responsible for mass shootings? Please tell me how they are personally responsible for Parkland, Sandy Hook, Columbine, etc. Also, I can see you have a pretty narrow view of the world if you only think Trump supporters are acting ignorant. I can see there's no reasoning with you so I won't beat a dead horse. But I would appreciate an answer to my above question.

The NRA has both political parties by the balls

Neither party wants to piss them off so no gun reform will happen

500 people got shot in vegas and nobody gave a fuck, thats a problem

It's not that nobody cared. It's that the man who did the shooting was responsible, NOT the gun used! I'll continue to say it: when a drunk driver kills someone, we blame the driver. When a terrorist kills someone, we blame the terrorist. So then why when a mass shooting happens, like Parkland or Las Vegas, we blame the tool used and not the shooter? It's such a double standard and just the liberal media pushing forward their anti-gun agenda. Some gun reform is taking place actually. States and stores are raising the minimum age limit from 18 to 21 (Wal-Mart). Some stores are even refusing to carry assault-style weapons (Dick's Sporting Goods). The problem with gun control is it's a slippery slope. If you want to debate whether or not an AR-15 or military grade weapons should have ever been made available to the general public, we can have that discussion. What we can't do is go back in time to change it. And I know what you're thinking now: well, we can change it now by banning them. This is where the slippery slope comes into play. Because if we decide to ban AR-15's, then where does it stop? If the next mass shooter uses a shotgun or pistol, then do we ban those as well? The founding fathers put the second amendment in place for private citizens to protect themselves, against anyone (criminals or their own government). I don't trust my own government to not enslave us further by banning guns. Look over the course of history for every country, not just the USA, who have placed a ban upon gun ownership, and see how well that turned out for the citizens of that nation. Again, I'm against gun control because it is a right! The guns are not the issue but rather the people doing these heinous acts. London currently has a ban on guns. Last year people were still attempting to kill others by ramming them with their vehicles. Currently, knives are the new flavor and the mayor is proposing to have those banned as well. If people wish to inflict harm, they use whatever they can and will not abide by the law. Only the law abiding citizens will be the ones to get squeezed.