It would be interesting to follow the cartels but this time actually follow and try to see how they are organized especially in the top tier or upper management/bosses etc. The cartels are not terrorist organizations like other people have stated here they are violent drug traffickers with complicated webs of alliances and structure(s) that may or may not overlap between the different cartels or organizations in Mexico. I've followed the cartels in Mexico for a couple of years back in 2010 when Los Zetas and the Gulf Cartel officially declared war on each other over a drug boss the Gulf Cartel boss Metro 3 at the time killed a Zeta boss in Matamoros. I followed the violence and was surprised how rugged and brave they were. Seeing the pics of sicario trucks all shot up by the army and federales send a strong chill and aspiration down my spine. I thought the Gulf Cartel and Zeta sicarios were the most hardcore criminals in the America's and other criminals. I have truly never seen a thing like it.

I want to return and see how the cartels are doing right now, I have small glimpses on the Gulf Cartel fragmentation and the civil war between the different Gulf Cartel gangs in Reynosa after the death of Commadante Toro which was the plaza boss of the Gulf Cartel for Matamoros. There is a civil war between the captains of the Matamoros city/plaza/area. I need more research in terms of structure and how things shape in terms of organization and status.