Originally Posted by The_Rooster
Not upset at all. Just pointing out your generalization based on a crime reporters articles and you acting like you know something about you know nothing about.

Read Moes comment again, you might gain some insight this round. But I doubt it.

Why are you so intent on flaming me? SC deleted your flaming comment on the other Buffalo thread. I thought you would have learned your lesson.

And, no, you didn't "point out my generalization based on a crime reporters article." You didn't know the "crime reporters article" even existed until I mentioned it - you want to know how I know this? You claimed the Peter Gotti boss thing was, and I quote, "All speculation and generalization with no evidence to back up those claims other than forum hearsay" - The key term there is forum hearsay. Jerry Capeci is not "forum hearsay" because he's not a part of this internet forum, or any other internet forum.

And how do I know that you're simply 'flaming' to incite an argument? Because now, all of a sudden, you're calling out people for having no evidence (a call-out which I disproved). But yet, you were able to argue for 30 pages in another thread about something that you had no evidence of, and that was purely "forum hearsay. "
What is it Rooster? Are you a man who only believes hard evidence, or are you a man who subscribes to "forum hearsay?"

Regarding Moe's comment: Jerry Capeci has been proven right far more times than he has been proven wrong. And on the off occasions that he has been proven wrong, he is very quick to correct himself. Just about every GL column has quoted Jerry's sources on both sides of the law, but people can only come up with a handful of times he has been wrong - and when he is wrong (like the Amuso thing), he is incredibly quick to correct himself and apologize. In over 25 years of writing Gang Land columns, which Jerry's sources are quoted just about every week, people can only come up with no more than five instances that Jerry has been proven wrong, despite hundreds and hundreds of weekly articles citing sources from both sides of the law. When you are dealing with sources like this, information can be both conflicting and misleading, but in Jerry's case, 99.9% of the time it is not. Meanwhile, when you look at the "forum hearsay" of someone like Rooster, he has never once been proven right, and has never even come close to being proven right.

Rooster, if you want to continue this like flaming session of yours, send me a private message. You've attempted to derail multiple threads with this sort of behavior, and I can't think of any reason you'd want to do it other than to incite an argument, especially when you contradict yourself just to call me out.

EDIT: By the way, here is the Gang Land excerpt:
Last week's Gang Land announcement that the Gambino crime family has settled on a new boss — Frank Cali, a low profile, old-school member of the family's Sicilian wing — brought vigorous disagreement from other knowledgeable sources.

Neither Cali nor Domenico (Italian Dom) Cefalu, the reigning boss whom we said had been moved aside called to complain, but several usually reliable sources had strongly different opinions than those expressed in last week's column, which were noted by the New York Daily News the next day.

Everyone agrees on some things: Peter Gotti, residing in a federal prison in Ohio with a release date in 2032 is still the crime family's "official boss," but has nothing to do with running the family business. And what we wrote about Cefalu's ascension to acting boss in 2011, replacing longtime John Gotti top aide and then-acting boss John (Jackie Nose) D'Amico is also not in dispute.

Last edited by NickyfromTampa; 05/08/18 01:19 AM.