Originally Posted by Footreads
I have posted this many times cops are not my favorite people either. I would not help a cop if my life depended on it.

I am not what people call a minority cops were brutal to me. So frankly I don’t care about them. Gun control is not a problem for me I can get illegal guns anywhere here in most of the five boroughs in NY.

Can a cop help you on a home invasion no. So you better be able to protect yourself.

My two kids spend a lot of money on alarms for the house for protection. It won’t help in a real robbery.

My youngest is buying a home now. He is a black belt in BJJ his wife is a purple belt in BJJ. They think they are safe maybe. Maybe not there is no safe from a pro with a gun who is not afraid to use it.

I'm completely in favor of body cameras. I honestly think they do more good than harm. Recently I came across a story where 2 cops planted cocaine on an African-American man after he was already being detained. The issue for the cop was, he wasn't aware his body camera was still recording for 30 seconds after he shut it off and placed the coke in his wallet. And remember the recent shooting in Sacramento where the cops turned off the audio feature on their body cams? Yeah, how much do you want to bet they'll get off too? I do feel we need some changes to the criminal justice system. How many times have we seen minorities shot and killed at the hands of police, only for no charges to be brought against them? The system works in favor of police and against citizens. I was young at the time, but even looking back at the Rodney King incident, even with that camera footage, I'm surprised the cops got off!

But back to your comments, yes, for a home invasion, you also need to factor in response time. Why wait on someone else to protect you when you can do it yourself? I pray I never have to use a gun. But I'd rather have one and not need it than to not have one and need it.