Originally Posted by afsaneh77
Hello everyone! Gotta hand it to you, I was not a fan, and never thought he would get results, but he made Kim kneel. That's huge. Apparently all it took was to put sanctions on Kim's own interests, not just his poor people. I hope he does the same for us, tear up this f'ing deal and tear ayatollahs a new one. grin

I'll be honest that I'm not very political. I have never followed politics that closely but since Trump has been President, I have. Not just because of the media, but I'm honestly surprised he won. I really thought Hillary had it locked up just because of her last name yada yada yada. You should have seen my reaction the next morning when I heard Trump had won (no, I didn't stay up to see the results, because again, I felt it was a foregone conclusion that Hillary was going to win). Anyway, back on target. The media will never give Trump credit for the peace now between North and South Korea. He could bring peace to the Middle East and the liberals/media will still not give him credit and find a way to bash him in the process. I heard something recently that really made a lot of sense to me: the media and career politicians will never give Trump credit because Trump is not a career politician and he's making the establishment look like fools because he's fixing these issues in short order that they've been promising to fix for decades!

Originally Posted by Footreads
She is a nobody who is getting air time on every network except fox cable.

Now tell me again that the other networks are not fake news? When all they can talk about is a whore.

Speaking of getting a lot of air time, is anyone else sick of the Parkland kids? And before I go any further let me just clear this up right now: I think what happened at Parkland was an absolute travesty and my heart does go out to those who were killed, injured or in anyway effected by the shooting (same goes for the recent shooting at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, etc.). The issue is not guns. The problem is a mental health issue that gets swept under the rug by the media and pharmaceutical companies. Look at the recent mass shootings over the last decade and a majority of the shooters suffered from some type of depression and/or were on psychotropic drugs. Why is it when a drunk driver kills someone, we fault the driver? When a terrorist kills someone, we blame the terrorist? But when someone shoots up a theater, church or school, we blame the gun and not the shooter. These kids from Parkland are being propped up by the media to continue to push the anti-gun agenda. Once again, misplacing their anger and blaming the NRA for yet another crime they had nothing to do with. Remember that YouTube shooting recently where a vegan, Iranian woman shot 3 people, non of whom died? She did it with a handgun in California, which has some of the most strict gun control laws on the books. And she did it with a handgun. Has anybody heard any more about this story? Of course not, it died a pretty quick death. Yet the kids from Parkland are continually shoved in our faces. To be even more honest, I don't trust my government enough to not bear arms. The second amendment was written for citizens to protect ourselves and I'm not much for gun control. If you want to raise the age limit or magazine capacity, those discussions can be had. But to say no citizen can legally own a gun anymore, well that's just plain crazy! Especially when anti-Trumpers for the past year have been calling him Hitler or you see the brutality police use on minorities, and you really believe the answer is to disarm ourselves and allow only law enforcement to carry weapons!? The problem is any type of gun control is a slippery slope. Once you agree to some measures, where does it stop?