Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Zaluchi:
[b] [b]Ladri di biciclette / The Bicycle Thief
(1948) Vittorio De Sica / Italy 9/10 (I switched from stars to numbers :p )
A bit slow at the start but it more than makes up for it in the final twenty minutes. Raw Emotion is the only way to describe this film. A gem of Italian Neorealism, shot on a shoestring budget with non-professional actors, the experience is amazing. [/b]
I'm glad you enjoyed this movie. Raw emotion, that's right! And if you are interested in Italian Neorealism, I'd suggest you "Rome, Open City" (by Roberto Rossellini, 1946). Oh, and another "must see" by Vittorio De Sica is definitely "Umberto D." [/b][/quote]I have planned to see those for a long time . Tonight, I intend to watch either Pasolini's Accatone (1961) or Mamma Roma (1962) , his second film.

As for the films I saw last night, they were:

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) Steven Spielberg / USA 8/10
Great action film from the master himself. Not as good as his "masterpieces" but great for what it is. Enjoyable and fun.

Persona (1966) Ingmar Bergman / Sweden 9/10
Amazing film. The third Bergman film I've seen, after The Seventh Seal and Wild Strawberries. Beautiful cinematography and a great plot/story that sucks you in. To me it's the most entertaining of the three films I've seen. Definately needs a rewatch.