Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by NickleCity
[quote=NickyfromTampa]By the way, Nickle.

The Black Hand chart you mentioned is not the same as 2006's FBI chart that was referenced in the Niagara Falls Reporter. Cheers to Wiseguy for pointing this out.

So, for the last time, we don't know whether Violi was on that list. Meaning that the argument the family was stronger than it seemed, or made guys post-2006, isn't accurate.

Based on what the feds say about the family, Violi was made pre-2006, and therefore is probably on the FBI's 2006 chart. For those who are about to accuse me of voicing "my opinion as fact," this is based on the FBI and others' view of the family post-2006.

@Nicky, You mentioned you didn’t remember seeing the Hamilton Papalia crew in the 2006 FBI chart earlier in this thread. When did you see that chart and where. I can’t find it anywhere and am beginning to wonder if it existed. You say the Niagara Falls Reporter referenced it? Can you give me a title and a date for that article? Maybe that info will help me track it down. Thank you!

How long does it take the FBI to respond to Freedom of Imformation Request and produce the document?

The reason I don't think the Canadian crew is on that chart is because the reporter who referenced the chart said the Canadian crew was "as dead as charity." This was in response to Rooster claiming that the 2006 chart showed the Canadian crew. Again, let's have a double standard here. Rooster said the crew was on the chart (the chart he hasn't seen), and I said the Canadian crew is not on the chart because the reporter, Mike Hudson, said the Canadian crew was dead since 1997 and he seems to be the only one to have seen the chart.
http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/Stories/2012/Sep18/Hudson.html
http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/Stories/2013/Jan8/TodaroNicoletti.html

Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
[

Bensonhurst has not been open-minded from the get-go. Straight away he began offering wild theories as to how the family was able to survive and rebuild. He was quick to discredit every single one of the many people who say the family is not active. When I asked him about Rooster's imaginary sources, he claimed he didn't want to get involved with challenging Rooster's sources. He keeps trying to reach a "middle ground" to resolve the argument, but each of his "compromises" has him arguing the family is still active.

Just because he saw the logic of a point of view different from you own, you label him “not-open minded”?

Read my post again. I outlined the reasons why Bensonhurst has not been open-minded, and it's not simply because he doesn't agree with me. I'll outline it again because you chose to ignore me. Bensonhurst has immediately started by offering wild theories as to why the family is alive. He was quick to discredit every single one of the many people who say the family is not active. When I asked him about Rooster's imaginary sources, he claimed he didn't want to get involved with challenging Rooster's sources. He keeps trying to reach a "middle ground" to resolve the argument, but each of his "compromises" has him arguing the family is still active.

I guess you are allowed that opinion, but it seems rather illogical and thus unfair to me. If you remember, Benson has been open to both sides. At one point in this tread he mentioned your articles indicating something to the affect that he didn’t think we could refute these sources but would be open, then when we started with our info, he said something to the affect that he would do his own independence research and get back to us. Sounds pretty dang open-minded to me.

I remember bigfella said that, but I don't remember Bensonhurst saying that.
And by the way - what info have you guys presented that the family is still active? Remind me, because all of the articles you guys seem to have posted revolve around proving minute points about the Capitano Bros. or referencing a Musitano connection to the Papalia crew, which didn't indicate whether said crew was active or not.

And this gets me to my gripe I’ve mentioned before... why people like you so dang self-righteous about your views that if anyone disagrees about Buffalo they are not open-minded and are some sort of mindless nubs... Very insulting. That is why we don’t drop it. We are sick of this!! I am!

I'm sick of the misinformation that Rooster spreads regarding his information. He says information as if it is pure fact. He does not differentiate street information with proven information. He actually had me believing that Brian Cohen was once a Nicoletti associate, but I later googled it and found ZERO info backing that up at all. It's the same tactic Giacomo uses, and is why people hang on to Giacomo's words even though he's a proven liar.

So, please tell me what kind of mind numb idiot I am ... and I’ll be sure to drool with my tongue sticking out of my mouth and put an absent look on my face as I read your comment. Then I will take a selfie, post it on this board, so you can say see... this is what the guys who believe Buffalo are active are like. You will have a picture to prove you are right!

If you believe that the Buffalo crime family is active, and the sole reason for you believing so is that you honestly believe Rooster's imaginary beat cops are more trustworthy than the feds, DAs, federal prosecutors, proven mob experts, and investigative journalists, than yes... there is something seriously, seriously wrong with your train of thought. If you don't view the feds as trustworthy, fine, but don't try and say that Rooster is some sort of accurate insider. The feds have a great track record and far better conviction rates than state and city cops (to the best of my knowledge). Rooster, on the other hand, has no proven track record whatsoever. Nothing. Nada.

Originally Posted by SC
Nickle, you've been here for all of three weeks and you've already managed to be a disruptive force on these boards. Stop with the infighting garbage now. That stuff might go over on your other board but leave it there. We all want to have fun here, not fighting.

@SC are you talking to me?

If you read this whole thread I have been very cordial and try to ge to people to play nice. This is my first rude and frustrated comment... There are plenty of rude ones on this thread alone. Please show me where I have been disruptive? I usually try to mediate between Rooster, Giacomo, and Nicky.

You've been actively trying to prove the Buffalo crime family is still active, whilst I am giving information to the contrary. You are on one side of the argument, I am on another. So no, you're not trying to mediate. You might be being more receptive to my arguments when compared to Rooster, and for that I am grateful, but there's no way in hell you're doing anything except trying to convince people the family is active.

So again show me where I have been disruptive and I will apologize. I apologize for the above comment, but I wonder why me sticking up for Bensonhurst is so wrong? Nicky is the one who called him not open-minded. And he clearly is open minded. I was only being rude, because I felt it was rude and unfair to accuse Bensonhurst of this, given his open mindedness in this thread.

Open-minded... He's not from Buffalo and himself admits he doesn't know too much about what's going on there, but yet he is still offering wild theories as to why the family is still active, trying his utmost to refute my sources, agreeing with no-evidence Rooster, and simultaneously refusing to challenge Rooster's sources. Open-minded huh.

&Nicky, I apologize for the previous post. I stuck up for you too, when I thought people on?were being unfair or rude to you as well. I did go to far in the previous post, but I am tired of the double standard where everyone who believes Buffalo is dead can say anything demeaning those who believe Buffalo is active as, argumentative, spammers, who keep the tread going too long, are dumb and closed-minded, but yet celebrate your tenaciousness as the guardian of truth, when you’ve kept the tread going and had some girly rude things to say too. Finally, I think it is interesting people come in with 1 line pop shots at Rooster, Giacomo, and now me, and then leave.. but never you. What is the one thing the 3 of us have in common? We think Buffalo is active.

Nicky, if you believe I’ve been disruptive and haven’t added to this conversation I will delete my posts and leave the board. Again, I am sorry. T

I, at least, am always trying to offer a constructive, backed-with-evidence arguments. There have been distinct periods in this thread where me and you or me and Bensonhurst have properly discussed the family's activity, and Rooster spends his time dropping 'girly' one-liners about me with personal insults (despite the fact he doesn't know me personally at all). Again, there's gotta be a double standard here.

I really don't think there isn't much to this argument now. Maybe in the future, when more information comes to light, we can post it here and discuss. But for now it comes down to what people WANT to people. Do they want to believe the FBI? Yes or no. Do they want to believe a proven and exposed liar (Giacomo)? Yes or no. Do they want to believe area investigative journalists? Yes or no. Do they want to believe a man who himself claims his sources are corrupt (Rooster)? Yes or no. It's exciting for people to hear that the Mafia in select cities is not only still alive, but thriving. People want to believe in grand conspiracies to prove the government, law enforcement and journalists are wrong.

If news comes out, if Violi goes to trial, if more articles come out, then we can discuss. I would like to now leave you with excerpts that Wiseguy on BH have noted:
"Once boasting 26 families nationwide, the mob is down to 11, half of those confined to the New York area. Moreover, the Mafia's influence still extends far beyond New York. There remain active families in Chicago, Detroit, New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Miami." (US News & World Report, 2000)
I count ten families there. Plus Miami, which is obviously open territory for all five families. But it's important to note that in 2000, the year of the report, the Trafficante family's Miami crew was busted, which could potentially be the eleventh family they are referring to.
Notice how Rooster didn't think I could compare Buffalo with the Trafficantes - "apples and oranges," he said. I don't know his reasoning behind that theory but I'd like to hear it.

"Within the LCN there are five principal crime families. Most members of the LCN operate in the New York metropolitan area, but there are also criminal operations in Boston, Chicago, Newark, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Miami." (US Congressional Report, 2010)
Nothing's changed now, but the Trafficantes are 100% dead by then.

The LCN is most active in the New York metropolitan area, parts of New Jersey, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, and New England. The major LCN families include the five New York-based families—Bonanno, Colombo, Gambino, Genovese, and Lucchese; the Newark-based DeCavalcante family; the New England LCN; the Philadelphia LCN; and the Chicago Outfit. They have members in other major cities and are involved in international crimes. (FBI website)
The FBI's website now rules the Detroit LCN as dead, which could very well be true considering the debatable state of things there. Scott B seemed to be the only person claiming the family was actually "powerful" there.[/quote

he smashed the rooster