Those of you who are following the various threads regarding the Siderno Group in the Greater Toronto Area know that I've recently been linking to articles written by Peter Edwards, who is covering the cocaine-trafficking trial of Giuseppe Ursino and Cosmin Dracea. The article to which I've linked below could have been been posted in one of a number of threads, but I decided to post here.

‘Respect’ came up at least 33 times in secret tapes, drug trafficking trial told

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...t-tapes-drug-trafficking-trial-told.html

Excerpt:

On May 23, 2014, [Carmine] Guido and Ursino spoke elliptically about the murder of reputed York Region mobster Carmine Verduci a month earlier.

Verduci was shot dead outside the Regina Café in an industrial and retail plaza near Hwy. 7 and Martin Grove Rd. The killing remains unsolved.

Guido told Ursino that a man named Antonio Coluccio ordered the closure of the Regina Café after the murder.

“They said close it for respect for Carmine, and they closed it,” Guido said.

“What’s Carmine have to do with this?,” Ursino asked.

“Because they killed him outside of there,” Guido said. “Closed. I don’t know why but together ... now it’s …”

“They were four or five that were involved,” Ursino said in a combination of English and Italian....