Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
I personally don't think the Violis were ever Todaro crime family members. That being said, if they did switch over to the Luppino crime group, which were rivalling the Todaros in Canada, that only adds weight to the notion that the Todaro crime group in Canada is defunct.

If there are OTHER members of the Todaro crime family that are working alongside the Luppinos, then that does not mean they are automatically Luppino family members. The feds are still obliged to label them from the original family that they were made into. See, Joseph Gagliano, Billy D'Elia, Eugene Castelle.

If the Violi brothers are not the members fo the Todaro Crime family that the Canadian newspapers talk about, who do you think is?

Personally, I believe the Violi's are the most likely choice, especially given the fact more than one Canadian paper makes a point to tie their history to the Buffalo Crime family.

Additionally, from what I understand, the old bosses of these Canadian families were made men & capos in Buffalo back in the day. This insured that Magaddino controlled these families operations. Hence I would say, at least in the 50's & 60's, these families were Buffalo crews yet 'Ndrangheta families. (Help me if I'm wrong with the history.) So did that make the soldiers in those Canadian families solders for the Buffalo Crime family also? I don't know that answer to that, but it seem logical to me.

And to throw another monkey wrench in this all... even though Giacomo Luppino would have been a capo in the Buffalo crime family, wasn't he the one that helped established the ruling panel for the Canadian 'Ndrangheta in the Toronto area? That sounds like he was active and made in both crime families and both Cosa Nostra and the 'Ndrangheta.

All we know is that everything get confusing when dealing with 'Ndrangheta in Canada and Buffalo had been/has been working with them for a long time.

Last edited by NickleCity; 04/09/18 07:35 PM.