Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by NickleCity

Once again Billy here are my questions:
But if the Buffalo Family is defunct and without leadership, why would a Canadian paper highlight the fact that those arrests were members of the Buffalo Crime Family instead of highlighting the Canadian Family or Families they were working for?

If the papers are referencing the Violi brothers and/or Carfagna...Why do they not just call them out as members of the Luppino Crime Family of Canada instead of reference the Buffalo family at all if Buffalo is truly defunct? I find that strange. Don't you?

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MEMBERS OF THE LUPPINO CRIME FAMILY.
They are members of the Buffalo crime family.
Once you are made, you are made FOR LIFE, unless you formerly, approvedly, "switch over."
Joseph Gagliano was named a New Orleans soldier when he was busted in 2014, even though that family is long defunct.
Billy D'Elia was the boss of a defunct family when he was indicted in 08 for running his own scams.

This is not speculative. This is how the Mafia works.

If they are not members of the Luppino crime family, then why does a Canadian newspaper call Dominic Violi the “heir apparent” of the Luppino crime family? Did he formally approvedly switch over? If so, I’d like the evidence for that. ...Or was he made in both? I guess there is the possibility he was never made in the Todaro Family too. For not being speculatice, it seems to me like this is all speculation...