Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by NickleCity
I just want you to admit you don’t know 100% that it doesn’t exist. It’s your and others’ demeaning dogmatism on this subject that is so offputting.

Of course. I admit that I can't say with 100% certainty that it doesn't exist. Rooster can't say, with 100% certainty, that it DOES exist, since he himself said he doesn't know any made members and doesn't want to.

But this doesn't mean we can't debate over it. It's a question of validity. The FBI has a far better track record than Rooster. District attorneys have a far better track record than Rooster. Federal prosecutors have a far better track record than Rooster. Scott Deitche has a far better track record than Rooster. Ron Fino doesn't really have a better track record, he likes to embellish stories a lot, but at least we know for a fact that he was, in fact, in that life.

We can debate and I appreciate the debate. You make valid points, and it is a validity of knowledge (epistemology) question we are really debating-Regarding LCN what is the best way of knowing something is truth. I guess I am more of a postmodern thinker... I challenge authorities, because, in my experience, they haven’t been as much of an authority as they claim. Or, the misuse their authority, therefor their authority can’t be trusted. Of course Ron Fino can’t be fully trusted either! He uses his life to sell books. The papers to sell copy and subsriptions. LE has to sell they are doing their job... and on and on it goes. If you read Matt Gryta’s book The Real Teflon Don he and Karalus are in a pissing match with the FBI over who was really responsible for weekening the Magaddino Family—they paint the FBI as inept and relying on NY State’s Forrest Street Boys who were the precursor to the NY State OC task force my friend served on. The FBI agent from the field office in Buffalo Joe Hriffith wrote a book called Mob Nemesis where he takes the credit for what the Forrest Street Boys claim they were responsible for. Because of all of this, it is my opinion that your credible sources aren’t as credible as you may think they are. No offense...

Last edited by NickleCity; 04/08/18 10:50 PM.