By the way, regarding the Violi, thing:

Originally Posted by The_Rooster
The FBI and RCMP always have joint operations on international peoples and would want to know because he is part of the Buffalo Family and is 60 miles from our border and would want him identified in their files, thats why. Logic.

Wait. What evidence is there that he is a part of the Buffalo family?

Nickle:
"""Looks like the mafia activity in Canada has US partnerships in NY City and where else?

Oh yeah, there it is: BUFFALO! 😂 😆 😝 LoL!

I’d say the FBI knew about Violi in March 2017 when it told the Buffalo News the Todaro Crime Family was dead, Todaro retired, and just a couple old timers left. That goes to a point I made in a previous post on this thread... sometimes they give the papers misinformation; either that at they are inept.""""
They're not inept. The Todaro crime family is not active. Violi doesn't change that.
Just because there is Mafia activity in Tampa (per the Gambinos) does not mean the Trafficante crime family is still active.
Just because there is Mafia activity in Cleveland (per Gotti's son-in-law) does not mean the Cleveland crime family is still active.
Just because there is a shit-ton of Mafia activity in Costa Rica (all of the Five Families) does not mean there is a Costa Rica crime family.
Just because there is Mafia activity in Los Angeles (per Montemarano and others) does not mean the LA family is still active.
Just because there is Mafia activity in Buffalo (per the Violi clan) does not mean the Todaro crime family is still active.
You notice a pattern?
This is not "apples and oranges." The Genoveses have operations in Springfield. That does not make them Patriarcas. The Colombo family's operations in South Florida does not make them Trafficantes either.

His response will now be that they mean Buffalo as a city used as transport or a hub for other crime families and that the statement doesnt mean or have anything to do with the Buffalo family

Correct. You're finally catching on, Rooster. You can predict my answers pretty good, but you're not exactly adept at responding to them....

He will say that the FBI now means that Buffalo simply is a title only and it refers to an era gone by and only means that the people involved were once under the guise of Buffalo.

Nicky?

The FBI has not said the Buffalo crime family is still active. Only that Violi has operations there. Which means that they have not mentioned Buffalo "simply is a title only" - it is a city. they did not name the crime family. Jesus Christ, it's like you're in sixth grade Rooster.

Originally Posted by NickleCity

The FBI had been working with the RCMP for how long? Well over a year.

And the FBI in Buffalo didn't know about Violi?

Umm... Uhh... Ohh.... Umm... Maybe the FBI field office in NY City forgot to tell the Buffalo Field office.... confused lol LOL!!!

So we've established the FBI knew about the Violis. Good. At the same time they're denying the existence of the Buffalo mafia.
What does this mean? There are two options:
1. The Violis are not a part of the Buffalo crime family. They have branches in the city, however, as they do all over Canada and New York.
2. The FBI are conducting a grand conspiracy to deny the existence of the Buffalo mafia, which would go completely against their best interests. However, they forgot about the grand conspiracy when the mentioned the Violis.

So, either the Violis aren't a part of Buffalo (which would make a whole lot of sense), or the FBI are not only covering up the existence of a crime family, but they are also woefully inept at it. Take your pick.

Nickle, come back to reality.

I think Nicky has gone on a much needed vacation to Siesta Key

Originally Posted by BensonHURST

The last point I wanted to make was this:

The investigation, said Michael McGarrity of the FBI, "unearthed and dug up the roots of a partnership extending from New York City to Buffalo and Toronto to Montreal, proving once again that Italian organized crime groups have evolved far beyond the neighbourhood cliques of days gone by."

Maybe you are right about that part Nicky and they are not operating like a traditional LCN family.

Maybe they are operating like Canada's version of a LCN family.

The Rizzuto's were like a Drug Cartel/LCN family.

But they had a heirachy in place that we never fully understood

When Vito Rizzutto tried to explain it to Sal Vitale he was saying that there was no one single boss that they were all considred equals and divided all the spoils up equally amoung 7 of them.

Maybe Buffalo evolved thats what LE and the Reporters just said so don't take my word on it, if LE says it and its in the paper we cant dispute it
???

Correct

Just because the feds don't understand an exact hierarchy does not mean they won't label it an active crime family. That's why that theory doesn't work.

The fact the FBI says Buffalo speaks volumes, proves they make mistakes, proves whats old is new again.

And Ive been saying since 2016 that Buffalo is a horizontal hierarchy who have been influenced by Canadian crime customs for decades, as the individual wheels turned, the machine moved

And yet you still haven't been proven right... Go figure...
Just because the Violi clan has operations in Buffalo does not mean they are a) a part of the Todaro crime family, or b) the Todaro crime family still exists. I just thought I'd add that in again.

Nicky, do you at least believe that the Luppino crime family and Papalia crime family operate crews in Buffalo?

Luppinos maybe, but I haven't seen anything which says the Papalia crime family survived post-1997.

Nicky, I really haven't gotten involved with all that between you and Rooster,
Because honestly I don't know

Bensonhurst... you confuse me...
You've been very quick to discredit the FBI, and offer theories that back up Rooster's narrative. but when Rooster's alleged sources are called into question you claim to not wanting to get involved.

You've hammered home at my on-record, sourced, linked, proven statements from LE and more, but now you're deciding not to even TOUCH Rooster's uncorrorborated, off-the-record, imaginary sources?

Nicky;

This is what you maybe looking for:

RCMP and FBI to announce arrests linked to Gambino crime family
The RCMP and FBI have made a string of arrests involving fentanyl trafficking by a long-established Hamilton crime group and the Gambino organized family of New York.
Share on Facebook
Tweet

THE CANADIAN PRESS/Fred Chartrand
RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson looks on before the start of the Commons committee on Monday, May 15, 2017, in Ottawa. The RCMP and FBI have made a string of arrests involving fentanyl trafficking; the names of the accused are expected to be announced later today.
By: Staff Torstar News Service Published on Thu Nov 09 2017
MILTON—The RCMP and FBI have made a string of arrests involving fentanyl trafficking by a long-established Hamilton crime group and the Gambino organized family of New York.
Among those arrested are members of the crime networks established by the late Paolo Violi and his father-in-law, the late Giacomo Luppino.
The names of the accused are expected to be announced later today.
The arrests were driven by the work of at least one “wise guy” – or mob member – who turned informer, a source close to the investigation said.
Violi was slain in 1978 in Montreal by men connected to the rival crime family of Nick Rizzuto and his son, Vito.
The arrests also hit members of the Buffalo crime family headed by the late Joe Todaro.
The Gambino crime family was once considered the most powerful Mafia family in New York.
In the early 1960s, Giacomo Luppino was considered by Toronto police to be one of the founders of the local governing body of the 'Ndrangheta Mafia group, called La Camera di Controllo or the Crimini.

Bensonhurst? Does anywhere in that article say that the Violis are Buffalo crime family members?

Do not claim they are a family Bensonhurst you know who will get very upset

Good one Rooster, you're comedy is wasted on this thread. Now are you going to respond to my post tearing about your imaginary beat cops, or are you going to keep making wisecracks?

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Giacomo, any idea who was made recently in Buffalo?

I have heard a few names, all Mike's. Muscarella and his kid who is said to be a prick, Michael is only an associate who got back from Las Vegas in helping Penero Pieri, and Sr is in his seventies, Jr is in his 50's. Frank Grisanti kid, Frank passed away in 2011, was there for the wake. Dopey, who is an associate mid-level dealer between Buffalo and NF, but he is said to be only half Italian. The last guy is from Local 17, Mikey C, who is said to be an earner and favorite of Bifulco, who stabbed someone, collected debt payments, and serves as a go between with legitimate members of the community.

Tell us all about Tony Mirra's hit list, Giacomo.