Originally Posted by dixiemafia
I wonder what they have on him since they can't use anything that came from Rizzuto/Sollecito. I'm interested in what the prosecution says too about their arrangement.

dix,

When Loris Cavaliere pleaded guilty, anyone who was in the courtroom at the time was prevented, because of a publication ban, from naming the individuals who were holding meetings in a room in Cavaliere's law offices to discuss "money laundering, payment of rent for (the permission) to sell drugs, collection of money and the possibility of using violence to solve different problems.” Paul Cherry of the Montreal Gazette used that quote in his article about Cavaliere's release to a halfway house--the quote itself is from the summary of facts read into the court record when Cavaliere pled guilty. Cherry is one of a number of journalists who reported that Cavaliere was present for a lot of the meetings.

We don't know whether "the possibility of using violence to solve different problems" means plotting the murder of Raynald Desjardins. However, I am quite doubtful because, if the plot had been discussed, Stefano Sollecito and Leonardo Rizzuto, along with others in those meetings, would also have been charged back in November 2015 with conspiring to murder Desjardins.

Gregory Woolley and Boucher's daughter, Alexandra Mongeau, are the other two people specifically charged with conspiracy to murder Desjardins. Could Woolley have been participating in those meetings at Cavaliere's law offices? Yes. However, the police allege that Boucher and his daughter discussed the murder plot when she would visit him in prison, and she in turn would convey the messages to Woolley at some point every time after she left. I'm not sure why Boucher and his daughter thought that talking in code during her prison visits to him wouldn't or couldn't be deciphered by prison officials--it is a given that the officials were listening in.