Originally Posted by NickleCity
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Nicky,

Before this bust what did the FBI have to say about Violi?

To add to my response to this.
Violi was a Canadian. So why would the FBI need to know anything about him? The FBI didn't bust him. The Canadians did.

Maybe you're referring to what Canadian LE knew about Violi. Well, they knew as far back as 2002 that the Violis had cops on their payroll. Cheers to Wiseguy from Black Hand for linking this article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/halton-police-report-1.4404934

Nicky, looks like the FBI knew something about this. Did you see the quote at the end of the article you referenced:

The investigation, said Michael McGarrity of the FBI, "unearthed and dug up the roots of a partnership extending from New York City to Buffalo and Toronto to Montreal, proving once again that Italian organized crime groups have evolved far beyond the neighbourhood cliques of days gone by."

Looks like the mafia activity in Canada has US partnerships in NY City and where else?

Oh yeah, there it is: BUFFALO! 😂 😆 😝 LoL!

I’d say the FBI knew about Violi in March 2017 when it told the Buffalo News the Todaro Crime Family was dead, Todaro retired, and just a couple old timers left. That goes to a point I made in a previous post on this thread... sometimes they give the papers misinformation; either that at they are inept.

The FBI had been working with the RCMP for how long? Well over a year.

And the FBI in Buffalo didn't know about Violi?

Umm... Uhh... Ohh.... Umm... Maybe the FBI field office in NY City forgot to tell the Buffalo Field office.... confused lol LOL!!!

Last edited by NickleCity; 04/06/18 04:35 PM.