Originally Posted by The_Rooster
Joe Todaro Sr. stopped the family getting into narcotics as best he could (although members began to get involved in drugs when he semi-retired to Florida), which means the Buffalo mob never had a big foothold in that market....

Another contradiction, look at the bust in 1990 where all those guys were crossing the river in boats with a shitload of drugs....Buffalo family had tons of dealers in the 80s and 90s on the streets.

I never said they weren't involved. They just didn't have a huge foothold.

According to FBI informer Fred Saia, both Todaro Sr. and Jr. made it very clear that the family was not to deal drugs. In fact, Saia claimed he was proposed for membership in the Buffalo mob, but his name was left off the lists when he was caught dealing cocaine in 1985.

Todaro Sr. was anti-drugs. It could have been a Paul Castellano situation, where he still took huge kickbacks from Patsy Conte, but he was nevertheless unfriendly towards drug-dealers in his family. When Todaro Sr. semiretired to Florida in the late 80s, it seems this stance changed with Todaro Jr.

Can I make myself any clearer here? There are always drug dealers in every family, but Todaro Sr. certainly didn't like it, meaning that drug dealers probably had a hard time advancing in the family.

Do you get what I mean?