Originally Posted by The_Rooster
Why do you hang on to the Vincent LoScalzo thing so much? Does that help your argument in any way?

Because its apples and oranges and to bring guys like Loscalzo and Delia into the same comparison as modern day Buffalo is ridiculous in my opinion.

I don't think it is. I'd say the Trafficante crime family and the Buffalo crime family are in the same league. Both were very powerful in their height. Then, starting in the late 80s, both families began to wane. The Trafficantes began to wane with the death of Santo Trafficante Jr., and the Todaros began to wane due to a huge FBI onslaught. By 1998, the Buffalo mob was "withering," "weak pulse," and almost dead, and the Trafficante crime family were most likely under the control of the Gambinos, and there wasn't much left of them either.

I think that really puts them in the same ballpark. I am basing this off the evidence available from law enforcement, journalists, and mob turncoats.
Of course, in your opinion, the Trafficantes and Buffalo family aren't in the same ballpark at all because you believe Buffalo is still active. But, based on evidence alone, the two families' demise seems to go at a similar rate.
Bufalinos seem to have died out earlier. Then there was a brief attempt at a revival, which didn't work.