I read the article posted by Nickel, it clearly states an associate of the Buffalo Mob, if they no longer exist and they are tied to two other mafia families why add That?
And this is from Canada they could give two ducks about U.S. funding.

Nicky's argument is if he was made he would always be made and that's why the mentioned it, I can see the logic, however, they're saying associate.
An associate can become dis-associated or become associated with another family.

Also, strange that the report is absent of saying the crimes were mafia related.

So strange you have all these arrests and indictments over the years for mafia rackets however, no mention of the mafia.

To me this article supports Rooster because it is congruent with the other say 1/2 dozen articles to whereas there were crimes most often commuted by a mafia family but the reporting leaves that part out.

I mean we all agree that Violi is with atleast one family.

So if they are not listing him as being mafia that supports Roosters argument what also supports Rooster argument is they are saying Violi had cops plural working for him and feeding him Intel and working him to avoid indictment??