Originally Posted by The_Rooster
They are either misinformed or have bad intel, or possibly want the designation to go away because they want funding to stay in different departments. Everyone has their own agenda, law enforcement is no different, active or retired.

Keeping tabs and full blown investigations are two different things, and again, there has been recent cases, like last years. Keeping tabs does not mean they have enough to build RICO cases but I believe members from Buffalo(faction) will be in the headlines again for crimes probably more of a chance at Enterprise Corruption than RICO.

Why would organized crime FBI agents and investigators want funding to go to other squads? It doesn't make sense. If OC agents have ANY agenda, that agenda would be to get more funding. It's not anti-terrorism agents saying the Buffalo mafia is dead. It is the Organized Crime FBI agents.

And you say your info comes from cops. Why are cops keeping tabs on these guys if they concede the Buffalo mob is dead? Counter-intuitive to say the least.

Originally Posted by The_Rooster
It hasnt been 15 years, there was a bust last year. We cant move forward on other questions if you refuse to acknowledge that there are people that believe in law enforcement and journalism that believe it is the Buffalo Crime Family...and yes, you know nothing about Buffalo

The bust last year was strictly Canada-based. As I said before, I concede the Papalia operation might have stuff still going on but under the umbrella of the other, stronger criminal organizations.

And the Ciminelli bust does not count. There is literally NO mob ties there. There was an undercover informant in the case, and he didn't say ANYTHING about the mob. Nobody in that case mentioned the Buffalo mafia, or any Mafia for that money.

The Brian Cohen bust was not connected to the Buffalo Mafia at all, and again, you are the first person to mention any ties to the Buffalo mob. Federal prosecutors never mentioned his ties to the Buffalo crime family. The feds never did. No one did. He was a Lucchese crime family associate, living in Buffalo, basing his operations in Costa Rica and online. To the best of my knowledge, he didn't have any activities actually in Buffalo. It was all Costa Rica-based or online.

There has literally been ONE bust in the past 15 years, which was entirely Canada-based. And if the Papalia outfit is still active and has ties to the Buffalo faction of the Todaro crime family, then this brings me to my second question:
""By the way Rooster, why do you think the Musitanos whacked Papalia and his top lieutenant? For fun? Or to take over their rackets and interests?"" I asked that one twice.