Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by The_Rooster
Nicky, if youd like to ask one question one post at a time I will, even though I feel Im just regurgitating things me, Giacomo, and Nickle have already said.

Alright here's the most important question I've had:
"""Fourth question: You said:
"Members are still under surveillance by BPD and NYS Police, Im not sure about the Feds but they are thought to be viable per local and state law enforecement's definition."
Why have numerous law enforcement officials (I have listed many) denied that the Buffalo mafia exists. They have no reason to do so and it could only hurt any future cases for them if they're lying. By the way, this includes Buffalo federal prosecutor Lee Coppola, Erie County DA Frank J. Clark and Buffalo FBI agent Andrew Goralski. You are saying that LE are conducting surveillance on mobsters. I have given you clear evidence that LE does not consider these guys to be still active.
Also, if LE are conducting surveillance on these guys (which it's clear they're not), why have there been no busts in over 15 years? This can't be compared to Chicago or Detroit, since there is usually a bust every few years for those families (more so for Chicago, less so for Detroit). Usually investigations are finished in less than five years, when a case is made. It's extremely rare a mob investigation lasts over a decade. Since you are claiming "LE is keeping tabs on these guys" we can assume there's multiple investigations. Yet no cases.
By the way, your initial answer to this question above was "You know nothing about Buffalo or know anyone from here" - True, but it's common knowledge that LE don't follow people and watch people for 15+ years without making a bust...""""

Nicky, that is a good question. Here is my best answer... but bear in mind it is dated. I have a friend that served on the NY State OC Taskforce. He surveilled LIUNA Local '91 in Niagara county on a regular basis. When the indictments came for '91 there was no mention of a mafia connection in the papers except that the were wannabes (remember the article I posted?).

From what he says, the State Police/DA couldn't prove a mafia connection for conviction, (even though there was) but they had enough impanel a Grand Jury in Nov. 2001 and get 13 indictments for running a criminal enterprise, racketeering, extortion, et al... against members of local 91. Eventually there were 17 indictments. They were able to convict Dominick Dellaccio Mark Congi, Michael Quaracini, Celest and all the others with the evidence they had. I believe Dellaccio's sentence finally came in 2006 after a lengthy appeals process. Here are a few of the related articles:

Initial Inditments

Dominick Dellaccio Sentencing in 2006

Local 91 Stranglehold

Congi's Sentencing

Mighty Quaracini Has Fallen

My friend that served on OC taskforce will readily say these guys were mobbed up. They just didn't have enough to prove their connection but had enough to convict them of wrongdoing in very LCN type crimes. Ron Fino talks about Quaracini in his book. Here is what he says:

The Love Canal was not in Local 210’ s jurisdiction and the laborers that performed the work on the project were members of Niagara Falls Laborers Local 91. The business manager for the local was Michael “Butch” Quarcini” who controlled his union with an iron fist. Quarcini allowed the use of non-union workers and made sure that the union laborers did not ruffle any feathers. Teamster’s Local 449 business agent was Victor DiFlavio, a physically tough guy who took his orders directly from Joseph Todaro Sr. who equally went along with the concept. Chuck Lobish, a Harry Williams employee, handled the trucking which was mostly non-union and the drivers were paid wages lower than the federal and state prevailing rates.t was always hard for me to figure out who Butch Quarcini answered to. I knew early on, when he first was elected, it was with the blessing of Magaddino’s son-in-law Jimmy LaDuca and Benny Nicolletti Sr. But later on he was not well liked by Roy Carlisi nor by Joe Todaro Sr. They always spoke about him being a loose cannon and never said anything nice about him. As a result of his father's relationship with Quarcini’s brother Salvatore, Danny Sansanese Jr. became quite close to Butch and together they would play the finest golf courses in this country. Still, Danny Jr. was only a soldier with limited power and after his father died he had to answer to his younger brother Victor’s orders. Victor Sansanese was well liked by Joey Pizza and climbed fast in the family hierarchy. Many of us considered him to be the new consigliere and not Leonard Falzone, as others have suspected. One time I asked Leonard about Butch and his reckless ways and he told me, “He answers, Ronnie, and is a good earner,

Michael (Butch) Quarcini died before he went to trial. This may be why they were unable to directly tie these indictments to LCN.... Another reason they were unlikely tied to the Buffalo Crime family is because the crime family did a good job of not letting people know everything about what was going on--as Fino indicates. Certain people answered to certain people and if you weren't in that loop or part of the administration, you didn't know.

In summary here are the bullet points

1. If LCN doesn't fully know... LE won't fully know and they won't be able to prove a connection in their investigations.
2. My friend in LE verifies a LCN connection--even thought he can't prove it for a court of law
3. Fino, indicates there is an LCN connection with local '91 even thought LE can't prove it.
4. '91 sentencing goes back to 2006 and indictments to 2002... but LE watching '91 for over 20 years before any indictments... It takes a long time-especially in Niagara County cause things are so corrupt here.

Tampa, like I said, "this is a good question." I think this is a reasonable, but not a perfect answer to the question you asked Rooster. I know my answer does not prove anything, but it should give pause to completely dismissing the idea that the Buffalo Mob is not organized and active.

And here is my question Tampa:
If the Canadian Papers indicate the Buffalo Mob is active -- one clearly states it. How can you totally dismiss the idea? Again here is a quote from Metro News Toronto Edition:

The arrests also hit members of the Buffalo crime family headed by the late Joe Todaro.

Here is the Link: Arrests Linked to Buffalo Crime Family

Last edited by NickleCity; 04/04/18 05:40 PM.