Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by NickleCity

Peter joined the union in ‘83 as he was about to turn 18. He was a confident of Todaro along with his brother Sam because their Dad was a made man—even though the government could only prove he was an associate. Todaro was grooming them for leadership. The Washington Post article talks about the leadership/advisory position Sam (the younger one) was in before both brothers were suspended for leading the dissidents and getting in a fight with Gabe from Rochester who was serving serving as the federal trustee and placed there by Luskin.—Try reading the whole article instead of just skimming for items to prove your point. Sam and Peter fought the federal takeover after their Dad was removed from leadership-because they had been groomed by the Todaros to do so. Not rocket science here!

I have never denied they were in leadership positions in the 1990s, I never denied the Gabe from Rochester thing, I never denied that they were suspended.

But Fino went into hiding in early '89. Sam was 18. Pete was 24. For Pete to be a " former member" of the Pizza Gang, and then a corrupt union leadership role, and a "strong associate" of Todaro Jr. is a lot to achieve by the age of 24. All I can say is, what's the point of a chain-of-command if the guy running the entire family is using a teenager as a top aide and confidant for his criminal activities...

Not a top aide for all his criminal activities... just the leadership in 210 he was groomed for—fighting the federal takeover. You can still be a “strong associate” with a focused role. I believe he and his brother worked at LaNova. Would have come up around the same time as little Joey. There is a picture of the “Pizza Gang” working the La Nova Booth at the Italian Festival on Hertle that is floating around. I’ll see if I can find it.