Jesus Christ, Rooster, can you not see the irony here? No, I didn't talk to the Buffalo DA. I wanted to see your response, and boy I'm glad I did.

Originally Posted by The_Rooster
Yea you talked to James P. Kennedy, and Im Maggadinos ghost from Christmas Past

Here's my response to that:
"You guys are delusional."
You see, the basis of your argument is uncorroborated talks that you claim to have had with cops in bars. I've called you out in that, punched holes in your story, and you've called me delusional, full of crap, etc. You state your uncorroborated knowledge as fact, and do not differentiate between street talk and known fact. You've certainly fooled me a few times because you put things so bluntly and factually, but when I actually research it, it turns out there's nothing that backs that up/
Now, here I am turning the tables. I claim to have spoken to an LE official, and you say I'm bullshit. How ironic is that? You have claimed to have spoken to LE officials for this entire thread. Now, I claim to have spoken to an LE official and you call me bullshit.

Originally Posted by NickleCity
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
[quote=The_Rooster]@ Nicky, amazing how much of what you respond with is your own speculation with no proof. How do you now its not the same Capitano and that he wasnt a leader in his 20's, just trust you?

Nicky, Rooster isn't speculating about Capitano. Truly! Did you read the Washington Post Article I posted?

Sam and Peter Capitano were both suspended from the union for a year and prohibited from holding leadership positions again for 5 years after the suspension. Here is a the relevant section of the Washington Post Article:

In early 1996, Luskin asked Vaira to eject 28 Local 210 members. Their cases were pending for 18 months, meaning that Rosetti not only had to live with the accused, he had to pay some of them.

Three on Luskin's list -- including Sam Capitano, the former business manager's son -- had been elected to $25,000-a-year advisory board positions created by Luskin.

Capitano attacked Rosetti at one meeting, grabbing a microphone and yelling "Gabe, you got no balls." The next day, the two got into a fistfight and Rosetti fired Capitano from the board -- an action Capitano has contested before the National Labor Relations Board. He is suspended from the union.

From the Michael Bebee Buffalo News 1999:

Capitano and his brother Peter were part of a dissident group that seized control of the union hall on Franklin Street in March 1996 and initially kept the international's representatives from doing their job.

As a penalty for the takeover, both brothers agreed to a year's suspension from union membership and a five-year ban from holding office. Their father, Peter Capitano Sr., was removed as a trustee of a union fund by the international.

By the way, Peter Capitano, Jr. started working for Local 210 in 1983. He had already been employed by the union for 14 by 1999. Plenty of time to be a strong associate for Joe Todaro, JR.

Nicky, it is evident you are making assumptions without all the facts as well. That is OK, because this is complicated stuff. It takes a long time to wrap your mind around the details and figure out who is who.

Their father

That means Peter got his membership for the Local at age 16. When he was 22, Fino went into hiding. That seems extremely odd to me that Peter was such a close associate of the boss of a major crime family when he was still growing hair on his balls.
And how would Fino know anything about Sam Capitano? Was Sam running the Pizza gang at his high school? Sam was 18 when Fino went into hiding.

If I really am wrong on this, then I apologize in advance. Nickle, I believe you to be more well-versed on the subject than I am. But how does that add up?
I am making assumptions on this, and I have never claimed to not be doing so.

I just heard from my friends in St. Pete that Pluto is the boss of the Tampa Crime Family ever since Localzo stepped down in 06-07, I can assure you of that.

But please, tell me more about how nobody called it the Todaro crime family before 2017.
I would expect people to tear me apart for what I said about talking to the FBI director. But for you to try and tear me apart his hilarious and shows you lack any sort of self-awareness, Rooster a.k.a. "I claim to talk to beat cops and they say basically the opposite of any and all high-ranking LE officials."

@ Nicky, also please, for the sake of all of us on this forum, explain who defines that there can actually be a Boss of a defunct family? Meaning who told you that Loscalzo (or Delia) is the Boss of the now defunct Tampa family and not the ex boss of the defunct family? Who has told you that this is the correct terminology?

What the fuck does it matter about the actual terminology? I mean really... is this all you have on me? Is this all you can call me out on? A person can be the boss in name alone. Research Billy D'Elia. Seriously. He was indicted as the boss of a family regarded as defunct. What about when Joseph Gagliano was indicted in 2014? You're not gonna start saying that New Orleans is still an active family, are you?
Did Vincent LoScalzo ever have a formal "I'm stepping down" ceremony? Did anyone ever take over from him? The media called him the "kingpin of no kingdom." I.e. the boss of no family. For a guy who claims to know about West New York, you don't even know about D'Elia?
It's really, really pathetic that you hold on to that one comment of mine with such pride. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that you are right on this whole terminology bullshit. What does that prove? That I misspoke on the correct terminology? Wow. I guess that means you're right. Move over FBI agents, federal prosecutors, DAs, Ron Fino, Lee Coppola, Scott Deitche, Mike Hudson, Dan Herbeck. Some rando internet poster has you all proven wrong. You know how? Because Cohen was indicted. Yup, that's right. That constitutes a Buffalo bust somehow, because a Lucchese crime family associate living in Buffalo is apparently a Buffalo crime family associate. A man who was acting solely on behalf of the Luccheses (and was indicted as such) is somehow a Buffalo associate. Because my beat cop buddies tell me so. Maybe these beat cops should quit spouting off to random guys at the bar and start making some actual busts. I mean, any bust whatsoever that even HINTS of Buffalo mob ties would be good enough for me. Because the Cohen bust doesn't count for reasons I outlined earlier. The Ciminelli bust doesn't count for reasons I outlined earlier. And the bust where you alleged two Rochester soldiers were indicted for guns and drugs doesn't count... you know why? Because you pulled that bust out of your ass.

So yeah, let's keep discussing what happens to the boss of a family once his family becomes defunct, and what the terminology is around it. Because that's apparently a more exciting topic to you than the actual questions I outlined (questions which should be simple to answer if you actually have these so-called sources."

Originally Posted by pmac
i belive( here theyh come to snuff the rooster yayhaya we aint die) name that song) theres still mob presense in all northeast citiies cutt off line pittsburg.

Good stuff pmac. You're a blessing to the forum s/.

east of it. who the fuck nows whats goiing on in upstate. the feds kinda said violi in hamilton is either the underboss there and hes controls all of cananda.

They said he's the underboss there? When? Give me a link please.

he should have stayed out of the fentanyl trafficking that shit is like the most un hornorable crime you can commit . give us some of that reall french conection herion . not some shit made in a chiniese lab then die on impact. really if the underboss of your family is selling fentanyl your extint.

Good thing the feds never, ever called him the underboss of the Todaro crime family. They didn't allude to it. They didn't "basically" say it.

You get in trouble if you claim to know things that law enforcement doesnt know on here

Wait a minute... Wait just one minute... Didn't you say your sources come from beat cops? That's law enforcement buddy...
So you haven't claimed to know things that law enforcement doesn't know. You've claimed that law enforcement DOES know these things, and they're telling you about it. But somehow they deny it to the press.

Originally Posted by BensonHURST
What about this scenario?

They were dead for a while, the feds did shut them down for a while.

However, after such when they had the opportunity they re-grouped.

Maybe they started low key in Buffalo and they were in on the Rizzuto hits, they s
ended up re-connecting with Canada LCN and the Bonanno's again.....

They were dead and came back to life.

After the Colombo war in the mid 90's alot of the Orena faction never came back into the fold.

The faction was independent for about 10 years

In 2010 when Mush Russo took over as act I g boss he started calling guys from the faction in and threatening.

My point is a new old school boss took the reins and deceided he wanted to put the family back together again

That's an interesting point Bensonhurst. However I don't think it applies here, because the Orena faction wasn't entirely independent for 10 years. Many were brought back into the fold very quickly. It was those that refused to accept the Persicos that were left out. Guys like Sal Profaci. Guys like the Colombo Brothers. Ralph Scopo Jr. maybe. But guys like Joe Baudanza were very quickly brought back into the fold because they pledged allegiance to the Persicos very quickly. Baudanza was made capo or higher. It was a handful of guys that were left out of the fold, and they trickled back in over time. Ralph Scopo Jr. was one of the last ones but he was making a killing on his own with the coffee boy unions.