Originally Posted by BensonHURST
That's what I read Salerno was retired and Chin put him back as front boss

Nowhere have a I read of any NY guys being scared of Tony
Chin yes nothing about Tony

If they made the move knowing at the time chin was the commission enforcer
And basically said FU to him

I don't think Tony would have made any difference

I always wondered why is Chin was really all that powerful why he didn't just put a formal hit on Gotti

he did it back door behind the sceeens almost like he was afraid

He used Gas as the fall guy

After the Car bombing and the death of Frankie DeCicco in 86 , It became almost impossible to get to John Gotti only bc the FBI was on him 24/7. Remember that guy that took a shot at Gotti outside the Bergin and was later found in a body bag in a candy store on Staten Island ? The guy who took the shot at Gotti was tied to the Genovese family thru a relation. Bobby Boriello was said to have shot the triggerman after he missed Gotti. Gotti was to well protected by the FBI and was on high alert after these two failed attempts on him. That is when the Genovese started killing Gotti's guy's (Lino , Boriello) . Then in the late 80's Bobby Manna was trying to kill John and Gene and was convicted for it. John gets arrested in 1990 and now he was impossible to get to. Truth is Gotti was saved by the FBI or he would of been murdered also.

wise old owl sat on a oak , the more he heard the less he spoke , the less he spoke the more he heard , wasn't that a wise ole bird.