Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Honestly I thought Nicky was being a real hard ass with you guys

However, yesterday I read through the links of the articles that were posted I think by Rooster

I find one thing very strange

Let me say I am not all saying I do not believe you guys
But here are my thoughts

Please let me know your thoughts about my thoughts:

I think we all agree that reporters will a lot of times exaggerate a mob connection because lets face it everyone loves a good mob story
So even if there is none or very little
A reported will add that to the story

I looked at all those articles and yes there were Italians commiting crimes, that were typically LCN crimes.

No mention of mob ties?

Why is that I am curios to know?

The other thing is if you google and please bear with me I am new and not the best at research that is all I know "GOOGLE"
But if you google Buffalo Mafia arrests

You get nothing for atleast the last 10 year or more.
Again why would that be?

Every other state that has an active mafia family has indictments and new articles.

I am curios to know why you think that is the case??

So the FBI states they are dead..OK
What about the state?

What about the drug dealers that got pinched and are looking at 10+ years that are doing business with LCN guys that are willing to flip to get out from under the jail time?

None of them either?
No CI's

No one has gotten shaken down and has run to the cops/feds?

Where are the gambling indictments?

Where are the drug dealers that also LCN
How come they haven't gotten pinched?

Here is what we know:

1. What the Canadians call the Todaro Crime Family is active in Hamilton, NF, & MTA in Canada.
2. Canadian papers regular talk about the Luppino, Papalia, and even the Mustitano crime families (at least former) connections with Buffalo.
3. Buffalo has traditionally been, and is likely still, an important city for drug trafficking from Canada which has been dominated by Italian OC.

Questions:
1. Is the Todaro Crime Family that Canadian papers (and even the US Attorney in the Eastern District of NY) refer to an umbrella term for these GTA 'Ndrangheta families that are working together-like they did for Magaddino and Todaro in Buffalo?
2. Is Buffalo still a key city in drug trafficking routes from GTA to USA?
3. If it is, are these crime families in GTA using anyone from Buffalo or just their own people in crossing the border and trafficking through WNY to other destinations?
4. If they are using people from Buffalo, are those from Buffalo acting on their own or are the members/associates of the Canadian families in the GTA or a family here in Buffalo or both?
5. If they are using people from Buffalo where does the power resided? Toronto or Buffalo or Shared? Or nowhere because these are "independent contractors" so to speak in Buffalo?

My Thoughts:
1. I think it would be foolish to think there were not "mafioso" or at least "people" acting on their own from Buffalo that GTA mafioso are using to facilitate the trafficking on this side of the border.
2. There has been such a large mafia presence in WNY and such a large Italian poplulation and even ZIPS, that I cannot imagine there are no mafioso left--but could be.
3. If their are people in Buffalo facilitating trafficking of this scale, they have to be organized.
4. This "organization" on the WNY side may very well be submissive to the families that are working together in GTA (Think Todaro Crime Family), or even the Bananno family, but their is an organization.
5. The Feds have to know this...Thus when Adam Cohen the agent in charge of the FBI field office in WNY tells the Buffalo News the mafia in WNY is all but dead, last March... This is misinformation! ... The hope is the organization on this side (whatever it is) gets sloppy and caught. Maybe they feed this information to the media in WNY because they know of the O'Tremens investigation in Canada is heating up. Of course the media and Dan Herbek eat it up, because they/he want to celebrate the idea that their journalism exposed and rid WNY of the mafia and its influence.

Last edited by NickleCity; 03/28/18 07:38 PM.