Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa

Fifth question:
You said that the existence of the mob in Buffalo is not a secret, and people know what they do. Then why would the area's two leading news stations consistently report, complete with backed up sources, that the family is defunct. Why would acclaimed mob experts and journalists be trying to cover up the existence of this family?
Sixth question:
You said that the articles I posted could be easily misinterpreted. How in the hell do you misinterpret: "The Mafia is all but dead in Western New York. So what killed it?" with comments in the article such as ""“Most of the men who were responsible for the mob murders in Buffalo are dead,” he said. “The hit men who committed the murders are dead." "And no young people have emerged to replace them, Coppola said."" and """Today, both Cohen and Coppola estimate that there are no more than a handful of surviving mob members in the area, with no viable organization to unite them, and no leader."""
There is no ambiguity in these statements and no room for misinterpretation. These articles I posted explicitly state the Mafia is dead in Buffalo and Western NY.

Actually the Herbeck contradicts himself: "Herbeck in a March 2017 article quotes Fino as stating: "Joe Todaro Jr. moved on from the mob many years ago," and that "...there are a few remnants of the mob that still exist in Buffalo,...but it’s not the same.”--Mob in WNY Dead-March 2017 However, in a 2012 articles has Fino saying mob influence was never fully cleaned up from local 210-because the Capitano Brothers are back in control--The FBI's Inside Guy--Fino 2012 So Fino doesn't say the Mob in buffalo is dead... As a matter of fact in his 2012 book he writes"

Leonard Falzone: Enforcer for the Todaro Family. Some say he is the current boss but I believe it is Joe Todaro Sr. and that Leonard is fronting for him.---Fino, Ronald; Michael Rizzo. Covert Operations: The Triangle Exit: The True Story of a Secret Undercover Operative for the FBI and CIA (Organized Crime) (Kindle Locations 5104-5106). Contento De Semrik. Kindle Edition.

Additionally Nicky, in a previous post you say Peter Capitano Jr. isn't the Peter Capitano Ron refers to in the Buffalo News article I mentioned above, he refers to Peter Sr... But you are wrong. Fino writes:

Peter Capitano Jr.: Strong associate of Joe Todaro Jr. and Victor Sansanese. Came from the Pizza gang and was placed into his leadership role by the Todaros. At first fought the takeover of Local 210 Laborers Union International. Today, now that he is back in the leadership states it was a good idea.--Fino, Ronald; Michael Rizzo. Covert Operations: The Triangle Exit: The True Story of a Secret Undercover Operative for the FBI and CIA (Organized Crime) (Kindle Locations 5071-5073). Contento De Semrik. Kindle Edition.

He writes this about Peter's brother Sam:

Samuel Capitano: Brother of Peter and a member of the Pizza Gang; a confident of Joseph Todaro Jr.--Fino, Ronald; Michael Rizzo. Covert Operations: The Triangle Exit: The True Story of a Secret Undercover Operative for the FBI and CIA (Organized Crime) (Kindle Locations 5074-5075). Contento De Semrik. Kindle Edition.

To me it is obvious that Herbeck has contradicted himself and forgot about his 2012 article with Fino when he wrote the March article about the Buffalo Mob being dead. Also, do you find it strange that Herbeck's March article is basically the same as Lee Copolla's from 1998? If "The Arm" was withered and dead in '98.... why is it new that is dead in 2017. Here is the link to Copolla's article: Lee Copolla's Article "Whithered Hand--1998"

And if, as Fino writes, there was a front boss for the family in the late 2000's/2010's their is an organized administration in Buffalo, even if they do share power with the Canadian factions. Or I will even give you that the Canadian factions has the power now..., but Buffalo is still active.

Last edited by NickleCity; 03/28/18 04:21 PM.