Gangsters Inc. indicates a Todaro Crime Family Soldier named Massimigliano Carfagna of Hamilton was sentenced to 10 1/2 years for cocaine and heroin/fentanyl trafficking. Their source is a recent Toronto Star article. It seems Carfagna’s arrest was part of the 3 1/2 year OTremens operation that layer saw the arrest of Giuseppe "Joe" Violi who is alleged to be the underboss of the Buffalo Crime family according to unsubstantiated reports.

For those who are not aware, OTremens is the operation where a “made member” of the Bonanno La Cosa Nostra family of New York City agreed to turn police agent and work undercover in southwestern Ontario."

The Toronto Star suggests Carfagna was a member of the Buffalo Crime Family during the Todaro reign. (Todaro was the last known and longtime Buffalo Boss of the Magaddino Empire which included Ontario Canada.) The article states that Massimigliano was arrested numerous times in the Untied States-specifically Niagara Falls. These arrests date back to 1987 and include charges for criminal impersonation and negligent homicide.

In what I assume is a plea agreement for less time Carfagna has incriminated the Violi brothers in this trafficking scheme. The Star writes:

In an agreed statement of facts, Carfagna agreed with the prosecution that, between March 1 and October 28, 2016, he and Giuseppe “Joey” Violi, 47, of Hamilton agreed to import 200 to 300 kilograms of cocaine into Canada. They sought to use the "police agent" from the Bonanno crime family and his connections to provide transportation for the cocaine.

The Big Question: Is the Buffalo Crime Family Alive & Active or has it been absorbed by Luppino/Papillia families of the Canadian 'Ndrangheta because that is where the real power is?

Another Questions: Why do Canadian papers consistently tie the Violi brothers and other individuals to the "Todaro crime family" instead just naming their Canadian family?

My opinion: There must have been a strong connection to the Todaros and Buffalo. To me this suggests the Todaros were heavily involved with the Canadian operations of their family, which leads me to believe they were a much stronger family than the Feds thought in the 90's/2000's. From what I've read in Buffalo newspapers the Feds claimed that Todaro Sr. would not allow his people to get involved with the drug trade. ...Given the information coming out now, It looks like they got it all wrong. It, also, makes me wonder if they were wrong in last year's claim in the Buffalo News that the "Mafia in WNY is all but dead."

Last edited by NickleCity; 03/27/18 08:32 AM.