Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Nicky, I take no offense, to that option you listed above, but I do know people in the life in Oneida, Monroe, Niagara, and Erie county (Oneida and Niagara mostly).

Thank you for understanding my point. You might know people, sure, but you can understand why one would take the word of a federal prosecutor over you or any other internet poster.

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari

Question 4. I can only speak of Niagara and Oneida counties as those are very corrupt in law enforcement, while Buffalo and Rochester, you give a patrolman a few c notes a week, and they won't hassle your gambling or bookmaking operations. Thousands more and you have an inside source. Niagara county was brought up as being very corrupt and that is true.

But are they corrupt enough to the point where there can be an entire family under their nose and nobody knows about it? Or better yet, they actively deny it? I dont think that scale of corruption takes place anywhere in America anymore, at least not for the mafia.

I take it you don't buy Iannaccone's thoughts? Do some research about the level of Fed involvement with the Buffalo Mob... It is the whole reason the NYState OC Taskforce was developed. Buffalo crime reporter Matt Gyrta corroborates in his book The Real Teflon Don with George Karalys (sp??).