Originally Posted by The_Rooster
I found this article very interesting, in it the claims made are that law enforcnent believes Gingello to be in control of the mod in Rochester but then Gingello denies? Who are we to believe, law enforcement or the Mafia?

http://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/latest-headlines/does-the-mob-exist-today/192643822

This article is from 2002, buddy. Sixteen years ago. This article was probably spot-on for its time. By the way, I know it was posted to the website Jul 07, 2011, but at the bottom of the page it says "(First reported May 14, 2002)"

So yeah, this was a good article that I can't find fault with. Even in 2002, LE were saying the Rochester mob was only "kind of" active. With other nice tidbits like:
"Today, crack, heroin, cocaine and other drugs are a multi-million dollar business in Rochester...and are run by groups who are younger and far more violent than the mobsters of old."
"does it still exist today? The answer to that is: kind of... and we sat down with the man reputed to be among its present day leaders."
"District Attorney Howard Relin, who has a track record prosecuting mob figures from the 1980's, says Marotta tried unsuccessfully to revive the glory days."

Thanks for posting such a good article Rooster, it's cool they got to sit down with a mobster. But if you think this helps your argument, it doesn't, because the article is from 2002 and even concedes the Rochester mob is on its last legs and dying quick...