Originally Posted by NickleCity
Fourth question: You said:
"Members are still under surveillance by BPD and NYS Police, Im not sure about the Feds but they are thought to be viable per local and state law enforecement's definition."
Why have numerous law enforcement officials (I have listed many) denied that the Buffalo mafia exists. They have no reason to do so and it could only hurt any future cases for them if they're lying. By the way, this includes Buffalo federal prosecutor Lee Coppola, Erie County DA Frank J. Clark and Buffalo FBI agent Andrew Goralski. You are saying that LE are conducting surveillance on mobsters. I have given you clear evidence that LE does not consider these guys to be still active.

Also, if LE are conducting surveillance on these guys (which it's clear they're not), why have there been no busts in over 15 years? This can't be compared to Chicago or Detroit, since there is usually a bust every few years for those families (more so for Chicago, less so for Detroit). Usually investigations are finished in less than five years, when a case is made. It's extremely rare a mob investigation lasts over a decade. Since you are claiming "LE is keeping tabs on these guys" we can assume there's multiple investigations. Yet no cases.
By the way, your initial answer to this question above was "You know nothing about Buffalo or know anyone from here" - True, but it's common knowledge that LE don't follow people and watch people for 15+ years without making a bust...
Fifth question:
You said that the existence of the mob in Buffalo is not a secret, and people know what they do. Then why would the area's two leading news stations consistently report, complete with backed up sources, that the family is defunct. Why would acclaimed mob experts and journalists be trying to cover up the existence of this family?
Sixth question:
You said that the articles I posted could be easily misinterpreted. How in the hell do you misinterpret: "The Mafia is all but dead in Western New York. So what killed it?" with comments in the article such as ""“Most of the men who were responsible for the mob murders in Buffalo are dead,” he said. “The hit men who committed the murders are dead." "And no young people have emerged to replace them, Coppola said."" and """Today, both Cohen and Coppola estimate that there are no more than a handful of surviving mob members in the area, with no viable organization to unite them, and no leader."""
There is no ambiguity in these statements and no room for misinterpretation. These articles I posted explicitly state the Mafia is dead in Buffalo and Western NY.
Seventh question:
You noted that "Cops here are friends with members, are involved in crime themselves and corrupt prone, just like everywhere else." It seems you are implying that corruption is a big factor in why these alleged mobsters aren't getting busted "just like everywhere else." Except "everywhere else" where there is an active mafia family or criminal enterprise, there are busts. If you are implying that corruption in Buffalo is so prevalent that busts are impossible, that is a wild statement. Of course, if you are implying something different then I apologise for the confusion. Any insight?

Tampa, I know you will think I am crazy but I agree with Rooster about this. Law enforcement in Buffalo is very corrupt—Esspecialky in Niagara County and the city of Niagara Falls. (I live in Niagara County.) It is even more corrupt at the federal level. And unfortunately, our local papers take everything the Feds say as gospel truth. If you would like verification about how corrupt the Buffalo Field Office is, contact Buffalo area lawyer William Gary Iannaccone. He can detail how the Buffalo Mob and the FBI in WNY have been strange bed fellows since the 60’s. He is working to build a case against the government. According to his research the FBI used the Buffalo Mob and their drug trafficking for the MK Ultra program. He has evidence of some really strange and scary shit—including experimentation on poor Italian Americans with mob help.

Nickle City, I appreciate the response and the insight... but come on...

Feds are pretty incorruptible compared to city and state cops. Nowhere in America in the past 50 years has the mob been able to infiltrate the feds at such a high level as you are indicating. As well as this, even city and state cops in most cities are relatively clean because there's so much regulation and guidelines that it's pretty hard to cultivate a decent number of seriously corrupt cops. This is why there really isn't that much mafia-police corruption nowadays - none at a federal level whatsoever, and very scattered cases at a city level.

Also, the mob weren't able to stop the fuzz in the 80s and 90s. Following that, even Todaro crime family 'truthers' like Giacomo and Rooster concede the family was decimated following the tailend of the 90s. So how can you possibly try and say that fed-level corruption is going on in the weakened Buffalo mafia today. Think about it: the Gambinos & Genoveses, with 250+ members haven't been able to infiltrate feds. How and why would a family with 25-35 active members (this seems to be the ballpark that Giacomo and Rooster are suggesting) be able to corrupt the feds of all people.

Thanks for the response NickleCity.