Originally Posted by BensonHURST
So Nick what's the Verdict?
Buffalo isn't what is was
Never will be

However, more going than what the media is aware of and if they are inducting new members as of 2015 they would be an actual and not a defunct family?

I don't believe there is more going on than what meets the eye. It is fun and interesting to believe there is, but I don't see how it's possible the family is still active.
To say that the Todaro crime family is making new members is one thing, but to say they are in contact with Bonanno and Genovese capos is another thing when you consider all the rats during that period. Longtime paid informers like Bonanno capo Petey Lovaglio, Brooklyn/Manhattan Bonanno & Genovese associate Anthony Zoccolillo, direct-with-admin Bonanno associate Gaspare Valenti, longtime Genovese associate JR Rubeo and his FBI agent that he brought in, and a whole lot of others during that time.
You could say "But Nicky, this information might be top-secret stuff that associates aren't aware of." Good point, but Giacomo has said that his info does not come from anyone particularly high-ranking - he said bookies, rounders, and pushers were his sources.

Not all street talk is equal. If someone says "I have it on good authority that Ernie Aiello is now looking over Patsy Parrello's loansharking ring while the guy is imprisoned," well then that's quite plausible and you can say to yourself "Huh, maybe I'll give this guy the benefit of the doubt." But in this case, if you believe what Giacomo is saying than you are choosing an unknown internet poster over real-life Buffalo mob insiders like Ron Fino, proven mob experts like Scott Deitche, Buffalo federal prosecutors like Lee Coppola and Frank Clark, Buffalo FBI agents like Andrew Goralski and acclaimed news reporters Mike Hudson & Dan Herbeck. You are also going against basic logic, like "Since there 1980s, active families in the United States are regularly busted." Yes, families like Chicago and Detroit are more infrequent than other families, but the key point is - they still get busted! Chicago has had multiple in the past five years, many of which I mentioned earlier in this thread, and Detroit has also had busts, although less frequent. Detroit has also been confirmed by feds and media to be active whereas buffalo has been confirmed the opposite.

Bensonhurst, do you believe Buffalo is active, and if so why? Also, do you believe Giacomo over Rooster or vice versa since they have different stories?