Yeah, I was going to say, they all view the San Fernando Valley as a joke, even though the valley has some reputable sets in Pacoima, both black and Latino.

How well did Crips and Florencia get along in the '70s? I'm going to just guess, not too well.

SoCal can probably go further into it, but blacks and Latinos who lived in the same housing projects were typically allies, and many still are. I believe the Grape Street Crips (Watts) and Varrio Grape get along. Grape Street Crips were actually called Varrio Grape Street at first, and still were in the 1980s.

The Flats in Boyle Heights had East Coast Crip (1st street?) in their same projects and got along, but that place got torn down.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea